Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / BuddyPress Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi Tom and Andy,
    First of all I love your theme and have been using it for almost a year. My only major problem has been how the theme is applied to BuddyPress. I know you say that it’s an outside plugin and you are not responsible etc. However, unlike the rest of the site, which looks very nice, BuddyPress in Dynamix still looks bad. I am not sure if there has been an improvement in the new 4.0 update. I am still on 3.0.3. I look at themes such as Cinematix, which makes BuddyPress more presentable for professional sites. What are some of the ways that I can modify the BuddyPress pages?
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

There are small improvements to BuddyPress within 4.0 but the main focus of the update was to provide users with the latest on page features like parallax. BuddyPress will be looked at again in the new year.

You can modify the styling of the pages by viewing the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

If you want to edit the core files, I recommend asking on the BuddyPress forums for exact instructions on which files to edit.

Kind regards,
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Ok great, thanks guys. Looking forward to any changes you may make in the new year.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

Do you have a link to any particular pages you wish to be improved?

kristinanewyork
    Participant

I uploaded the 4.0.1 to see what buddypress looks like and I still have the following issues:
    1. I was hoping the redesign would look more like Terso buddypress with more square corners (not rounded) and more streamlined tabs (no rounded corners, no gaps). It would be nice to have all of the tabs on one line. Since Dynamix is a corporate/business theme, something like LinkedIn look would work best. How can I change these things in my bubbypress?
    2. On the activity page, the activities create a thumbnail (I generaly don’t have images in posts). It uses the Facebook icon or a questionmark. How do I get rid of that? Also, the font of new member joining is very small in comparison to the font of a new post in the activity stream. The activity page has “What’s new,….” It looks cluttered and looks better without as is seen in Terso.
    What is the font used in Terso demo? I would like to use it.
    Thanks,
    Kristina

kristinanewyork
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. As changing you would like to change something that cannot be done via the standard theme options, this is classed as a customization. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

2. Saying that, I have given you some quick CSS that should fix these issues but this is all I can offer you without signing up to the customization. I have added the code to your site via the Custom CSS box.

.align-left.thumbnail {
    display: none;
    }
    .activity-greeting {
    display: none;
    }
    .activity p {
    font-size: 12px;
    }

The font family is Open-Sans for Terso.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.