Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddypress pages?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin
    Participant

hello, ive installed the buddypress plugin to Dynamix theme, but it would seem im only able to access half of the functionality as an addon, when running buddypress theme independantly i have the complete package, in particular; registration page. however when running the dynamix theme with BP plugin i dont have the additional pages, which means i cannot have visitors register their accounts. any assistance would be appreciated as i need to capture my community details, the site is expatriateparty-dot-com.

Many thanks

kevin

Kevin
    Participant

fixed, for anyone else having the same trouble, you need to download the buddypress theme compatability pack

Kevin Amter
    Participant

Very helpful thank you.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You don't necessarily have to use the plugin, you can create the pages manually using the Custom Menu -> Custom Links. That's what I have done on this site. 

Jen
    Participant

Thank you for posting, I had the exact same question.  It's actually called BuddyPress Template Pack for those searching.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The problem with the BP template pack is I think it add a lot extra which you don't require and may cause conflicts. 

If all you want are the pages, you just need to add the links to the WP custom menu. Are you guys using WP custom menu?

Kevin Amter
    Participant

That makes a lot of sense Andy. Yes I am using the custom menu navigation.

Are you talking about just creating a Page and having it sit in the Nav as the Buddy Press section of the site?

Is there a walk through vid you have created or another source I could follow to achieve what you are talking about instead of using the plug in?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It's a case of just knowing what the URL's are for the different features. The following is in the documentation for DynamiX 2.8.3, which I'm about to release.

Link to Group Example

/groups/your-group-name/

Link to Group Forum Example

/groups/your-group-name/forum

Link to Registration

/register

Forums Overview

/forums

Hope that helps

Jen
    Participant

So your advice would be to uninstall and delete Buddy Template Pack?  Just use the custom menus using the convention you outlined?

One other question, in all the general BuddyPress tutorials I've been reading, they state that in a BuddyPress compatible theme that login/register should be available in the sidebar.  Is login/registration available in the Dynamix sidebar?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jen,

You can add the login/register into the sidebar using the widgets (meta should do it). But it's always at the top so not sure if it has any real benefit. 

Richard James
    Participant

Just what i was looking for, thanks, but is there a way of using the social icons and Twitter in the Buddypress pages?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No unfortunately not at the moment. Something I'll look into for the future. 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.