Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddypress shortcodes for activity streams

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Michele Doucette
    Participant

Does anyone know of Buddypress shortcodes for a "Group activity" and a specific "Forum activity?"  I would like to show "Community" activity streams on the homepage.

Thanks,

Michele

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Michelle,

With DynamiX 2.8.5 and BP 1.5 individual pages are created fro the activity etc. You can set that page as a home page see. Setting a Home Page

Michele Doucette
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I wasn't as clear as I should have been in my initial message…different than a page dedicated to soley an activity stream, I would like to insert an activity stream (i.e., for a specific group) into a page that also contains other content.  An example of a site that is doing this is: http://learntelehealth.org.  I have searched hi and low for a way to do this and it maybe that I need to create a page template with that option.

Thanks,

Michele

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michele,

I see what you mean now – this can't be done by default, I have an activity stream template but it's a generic for all recent activity. I'm not sure at this moment how to edit it to focus on a specific group and can't find anything either…

Michele Doucette
    Participant

Thanks Andy – I couldn't find anything either, but I appreciate you looking.  I'll let you know if I run across anything moving forward.

Best,

Michele

Michele Doucette
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I placed the activity-loop.php code (all of it) into a new "Group" homepage template and coded the activity loop to show activity for a specific group by adding parameters to the bp_has_activities() function.

The activity stream for the specific group shows up OK on the page, but the Comment, Favorite, and Delete buttons are not functioning. I assume I am missing something in the code. Any thoughts on what I need to add in addition to the activity-loop.php code?

Thanks,

Michele

Michele Doucette
    Participant

Andy,

As a follow-up, I just applied the "Activity Stream" template that came with the theme to a page and the Comment, Favorite, and Delete buttons are not functioning there either.  

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michele,

I see what you mean, I'll look into this – I didn't change the code to suit 1.5+ which is probably why it isn't working. 

Kevin
    Participant

Is there a way to use the "Activity Stream" template and add to that page.  Currently, if I create a new page using that template I can't seem to add any additional code through the page editor.  Additionaly, if I add content to the sidebar it is displayed above the activity stream.  

Is my thinking wrong? Or is this template only intended to replicate the default BP activity page?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

It inherits the BuddyPress layout settings from within DynamiX -> General Settings when BuddyPress is enabled. Unfortunately no content can be added above the page, it's merely there to replicate the BP activity page. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.