Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Buddypress sidebar on register page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Bemelmans
    Participant

Hi there,

1)
    I checked this forum and a lot of others on buddypress, but I can’t find a solution.

On all buddypress pages I want a different sidebar then other pages. On that sidebar I created a custom menu and some buddpypress widgets. This was an easy setup from within the theme options of Dynamix.

However, since the buddypress pages are private and only visible for logged in users, I also want the register page with the default sidebar or full width and not with a the buddypress sidebar. How can I achieve this?

2)
    On buddypress pages I have a sidebar on the left. Problem is, the page title is above that sidebar and not above the page content:
    http://studioluc.nl/1.PNG. Is there a fix for this?

Kind regards,

Luc

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Luc,

1. After a fair amount of digging, I have found that this is not possible to do as BuddyPress creates the registration page. If they supplied a shortcode, or if you can find one, you could add it to a normal page and setup the sidebar on it.

2. Do you have a link to your page so I can take a further look into this please?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bemelmans
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Luc,

This is a standard feature of DynamiX to display the h1 heading above the sidebar as it is a page title. Please see the demo site here to see what I mean.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bemelmans
    Participant

Allright, I got a fix for deleting the sidebar on the buddypress register page. If anybody is looking for it, I hope this helps you too:

Step 1:

Add the code at the very top of the file you find here: /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/register.php

<head>
    <style>
    .sidebar.border .sidebar-shadow.top, .sidebar.border .sidebar-shadow.mid {
    background-position: right top;
    display: none;
    }
    </style>
    </head>

Step 2:

Add the code at the bottom of the file you find here: /wp-content/themes/dynamix/stylesheets/style-buddypress.css

body.register div#content {
    margin-right:0;
    padding:0;
    width:98%;
    }

Best regards,

Luc

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thanks for that Luc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.