Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / buddypress sidebars

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Domien
    Participant

Hi,

I want to change my sidebars for my buddypress pages. For example on the members page I want to use sidebar 2 instead of sidbar 1. It doesn’t work in the page config. Any idea on this?

thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately this cannot be done with the standard theme options as Buddypress overwrites and sets one sidebar for all Buddypress pages.

I believe it is possible using the bp_has_members() function but this would come under the Customization forum if you wanted this completed.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

+1

I’m trying to achieve the same, eg change the sidebars around. I expect this to be a common request? Would be great if a solution could be provided for this ‘BP compatible theme’ 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m looking into this, if BP give the functions to detect a members page over say activity, it would be possible. For the time being, all BP pages take the layout setting from Appearance > Theme Options > BuddyPress / bbPress page layout.

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Hi

Thank you for your reply. Would be great if this could be implemented. Is there a solution for the time being to change BP sidebars around?

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Bram,

For the time being, all BP pages take the layout setting from Appearance > Theme Options > BuddyPress / bbPress page layout.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bram van der Veen
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Bram,

If you can ask on the Buddypress forums what the code is to detect members, activity and any other page that you want and we will help you build it into the theme.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Great. Just put a post on the BP forum!

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Hi,

In the meantime I have resolved this using a plugin to create extra sidebars. Not ideal, but it works.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Bram,

I don’t understand, you can create extra sidebars using the Theme via Appearance > Theme Options > General > Number of Sidebars. I thought the issue was more about assigning the sidebars to relevant pages ( members, activity etc ).

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

Hi Andy,

You’re right. The plugin I am using lets me create extra sidebars as well as assign them to any BP page.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What plugin was it, I may check it out to see how they’re detecting it. Did BP come back to you?

Bram van der Veen
    Participant

No reply from BP yet. This is the plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-page-sidebars/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.