Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / buddypress top navigation menu item forces redirect and php error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • mastubbs
    Participant

Hi

Im really struggling to get bp-menu bp-login-nav and droppaneltrigger classes to work together in the dynamix top navigation menu.

I want to use the drop down panel for a login screen so i want to make a menu item which only shows if the user is not logged in with buddypress, which will trigger the drop down menu.

I made a new link menu item with empty url and css classes: bp-menu bp-login-nav droppaneltrigger. This almost works (ie the menu item only shows if the user is not logged in and it also launches the drop down). However, there are two problems:

1) even though the link url is set to empty the presence of the bp-login-nav forces the page to redirect! (to mysite.com/login?redirect_to=http:%3A%2F%2Fmysite.com)

2) once logged in although you dont see the menu item you get a php error in its place! (Warning: strpos()[function.strpos]: Empty needle in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-filters.php on line 489

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you have a URL to your site so I can take a further look into this and figure out exactly what you are talking about?

Kind regards,
    Tom

mastubbs
    Participant

Hi Tom,

You can see it at http://www.medforums.net
    The directory needs a password, i have set up an account for you to use: username: ‘tom’ ; password ‘qqqqqq1…’
    The menu item is the far right top menu item ‘account (login/register)’
    You can login to wordpress with username ‘user3’ ; password ‘qqqqqq1…’ , to see the php error

Thanks very much for looking at this for me, i really appreciate the help.

Matt

mastubbs
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems your login details do not work however we cannot really cover that sort of customization. I think you would be better off using jQuery rather than hacking into the core code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.