I'm using Dynamix as the theme for the main site in a multi-site network. One of the features of WPMU is to enable particular themes for individual blogs.
This is a screenshot of the dashboard page in MU where the settings are handled. The network manager is able to control which network-disabled themes can be enabled for a particular blog. This method allows us to lock out a theme for a blogger for their specific use.
This is a very important feature for network managers as it allows us to use restricted license themes for certain websites. I have been unable to change these settings since I upgraded to Dynamix 2.8. I didn't realize it was the theme causing the problem, but I did the traditional trouble shooting step of deactivating all of my plugins. Once deactivated, I still couldn't set the individual themes. After I changed from Dynamix to a different theme, I was able to adjust the settings.
Dynamix is a high-powered theme, suitable for prominent homepages. I really like it for my website, but that functionality is something I really need in order properly operate and manage my multi-site environment. I'm bringing this to @Andy-CWZAdmin attention, because this is one of those critical bugs that effects usability.
Frankly, I wouldn't even know where to begin in tracking this down, so I'm hoping that Andy's deep familiarity with the code will help make this a quick fix!
Thanks for the great theme, I hope this can resolved soon. A code snippet will do fine for me, but this is something that should be adjusted in the next release. It should be noted, that before I upgraded, the problem was not present.
For the record, however, after reactivating the theme and all my plugins – I still retained the ability to set individual themes.
It seemed that deactivating everything (including Dynamix) seemed to clear whatever conflict I was having.
It must be some plugin issue that came up as I added plugins.
No, Dynamix is only one site, the main one for the multi-site installation. It does seem resolved though. I deactivated all my plugins, but that didn't fix it. When I changed my theme to the default BP theme, that fixed it. However, when I renabled Dynamix it was still fixed. Then when I reactivated my plugins and tested along the way, it stayed fixed. Not sure what caused the conflict, it may have been the on and off all the plugins I've been installing and removing over the last two months. Not sure, but every thing working fine now.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.