Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Bug with max image width in firefox

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Susan Cook
    Participant

Hello and thank you for a great theme 🙂 I’m hoping you might be able to help me with a CSS bug.

Firstly, i’m using this theme on an internal intranet blog as a research tool – we’re using the “press it” browser plug in to quickly capture content, a bit like pinterest.

I have a problem with the column layout in firefox – it works fine in chrome. When I set post content to “except + first/custom image” it only scales the first image to the width of the column in some of the posts. In others the image displays at full width and breaks the layout.

I had a go at modifying the stylesheet in the image section with the following firefox specific hack:

img {-ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic;background:transparent;height:auto;}
    /* Make Firefox images scale with screen width. The width:100% messes up on Safari */
    @-moz-document url-prefix() {
    img {
    max-width: 100%;
    }
    }
    img,
    object,
    embed,
    iframe {max-width: 100%;}

But that has no effect. If i change the “max-width: 100% ” to just “width: 100%” it fixes the column issue, but makes every image, including emotes, the whole width of the post!

Please advise how i can fix this without editing the posts themselves or adding another step to the “clip it” posting method, as i don’t want to make it any more fiddly.

Susan

Susan Cook
    Participant

Ok, i’ve discovered that the problem is caused by placing images inside blockquotes, which the “press this” bookmarklet does automatically. Is there a way to avoid the theme breaking when this happens?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Can I please get a link, to your site so we can see what is causing the issue here please?

Please set your reply as private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Susan Cook
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

Images should not be placed within block quotes anyway, I am not sure why it would do that. Without actually seeing your site and picking the code apart I cannot really help you solve the issue.

Currently DynamiX doesn’t have a masonry effect built in but I think it is on the list.

Sorry I cannot be of much more help.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Susan Cook
    Participant

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply 🙂 I look forward to the masonry feature!

I think it’s because i’m using the “press this” bookmarklet for research – it automatically places things, even images, in blockquotes. Can I modify the block quote CSS and effectively make it the same as regular text?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Susan,

I have just tested the Press this bookmarklet and doesn’t do what is happening to you. It seems to work perfectly and display images properly. It may be a plugin conflict, I would recommend disabling your plugins one by one as one may be affecting how it is performing.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.