Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Buttons behaving strange in iOS

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • kateyello
    Participant

Hey There!

This is a really strange bug. Here is my login information.

https://yello.staging.wpengine.com/

After clicking the ‘pain point’ buttons on the homepage on iPhone 6 and 7, the buttons stay bright blue when returning to the home page (image linked). Tested on both Chrome and Safari. To reproduce, on a mobile device, click one of the home page pain point links. Once the next page loads, click ‘back’ to go back to the home page. The button should still be bright blue.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Let me know!
    Kate

kateyello
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @kateyello

Can you please send our login link as I can’t login via /wp-admin or /admin?

Looking at it, it looks like IOS is recognizing it as the hover or ‘clicked’ color for the button, as there is CSS possibly applied via javascript on the button.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

Hi @kateyello

Can you please give us permission to disable all your plugins so we can test if any of them is causing it? I tried to remove the custom CSS you added but none of them is causing the issue.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

Hello! Right now, I am not comfortable with you disabling all of the plugins as we are about to push this version of the site live (on Wednesday, March 1). I will create a a copy to the staging environment after we are live and you can go at it then!

Ok @kateyello just update us once you are ready for us to check on this further.

Regards,

kateyello
    Participant

Hi @kateyello

Our apologies for the delayed reply.

After further testing this, it looks like it is the default behavior on the theme. I have coordinated this with the developer to review.

I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Kate,

Andy here. I’ve taken a look at what’s happening and it appears to be a global issue. I’ve done some digging and it’s because iOS uses a cache system for back / forward actions on the browser, therefore the page / button is in the same state as you left the page.

I’ve added a Custom CSS / JS plugin and added some Javascript to counter this. It appears to be work, can you confirm?

kateyello
    Participant

Hi Andy! Thank you so much—this appears to be working correctly.

Cheers!
    Kate

Glad to know it’s fixed already, @kateyello

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.