Home / Forums / ePix Support / Can I add a custom background image per page, or post?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • mike elford
    Participant

http://thewindsorweddingphotographer.com/blog I’d like to add a custom background image per page per post. I followed the image parrallax video etc, but I don’t have some of the options.. I had to to go to row/edit/element/design or something (it was relatively hidden) In doing so, I haven’t been able to once get my custom background to change.

mike elford
    Participant

sorry, figured this one out too with a plugin etc… sorry about the post!

mike elford
    Participant

actually the backgrounds per page doesn’t quite work for me… is there a custom field I can add etc… centered, fixed (never scroll) etc.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

This can be achieved by creating a skin for each page and setting the background image as a different image for each but it is a long way round of doing things. If you just want the image on a post, you can set the skin to pull in the featured image and set it as a background if the post has a featured image.

To do this, go to Appearance > Customize > Body tab > Background Layer > Image > Select, Use Page / Post Featured Image.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

mike elford
    Participant

could this be added in a future design update maybe? As a photographer, it’s tough to have your feature image look good AND be functional. With the background image being different I can make use or have better placement of my images that I’d like to showcase etc.

I know I’m being nit picky, saw it on another template… got hooked on it.. but that’s the one feature they have… the rest of this epix site is better than anything else out there!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the kind words. Do you have an example of the feature you are talking about so we can take a further look into this?

Thanks,
    Tom

mike elford
    Participant

Hi Tom & Andy!! It’s been some time, and I have been away using another template… But as I grow tired of it, and I see Epix making update after update.. I just think.. hmm maybe I can work this out. 🙂

The biggest hinderance for me with the Epix template is the custom backgrounds.. I am a wedding photographer. And I think it’s nice, or important to have each blog post have a unique personal background…

You can check out some examples here http://thewindsorweddingphotographer.com/blog

Think we can easily generate a custom background option for a post/page?

THANK YOU so much!!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

Good to see you back. There is an option for backgrounds, you set it within the Skin and it will set the “Featured Image” set in the post as a background image.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.