Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can I set things up so that the results of a search lists more per page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Craig Smith
    Participant

It seems that the number of items displayed as the result of a search is dependent on the number of posts chosen for a blog page in settings-reading.  

I need this number to be set no higher than 5 since I am displaying the most recent posts on my home page.  But, we have a large number of articles and when someone searches on a term, the results are often 30+…but only 5 items at a time are shown on each page (i.e. the 30 results are split over 6 different pages).

How can I get more results to appear on each search page?

Bruno Henriques
    Participant

well, I've got 10 for page, maybe it's dependent on font size?

Bruno Henriques
    Participant

on 2nd tought… no it doesn't 🙂 sorry

Bruno Henriques
    Participant

found it… it's in the admin panel -> settings -> reading, set the amount of posts that shows within a page…

Craig Smith
    Participant

but that changes the number of posts to display on a page.  I need that to remain at 5.  What I need is for the results of a search to show more than 5…but the number of displayed search results seems to be dependent on the number of posts set to appear on a blog page.

keyhanjun
    Participant

There is a plugin called "cbnet Different Posts Per Page" which exactly resolve this issue.

>>> http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cbnet-different-posts-per-page/

If you activate this plugin the normal WP setting (Settings/Reading/Blog pages show at most = x posts) will get ignored therefore the settings of the plugin will rule.

On the settings page of the "cbnet Different Posts Per Page" plugin set it to:

Home = 5 posts

Category = 5 posts

Archive = 5 posts

Search = 10 posts

Tag = 5 posts

And please do not forget to vote for the plugin so that other users can see that it works with the most recent WP version (v3.3.2).

Hope this helps. 😉

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

If you don't want to use the plugin this can be changed manually within the DynamiX/search.php – search for this line 

WP_Query("s=$s&showposts=-1")

and change -1 to the number of posts you want it set to. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.