Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can LightBox Be Used to Play a Unique Video for Each Associated Image?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • adam
    Participant

Andy, it appears that if I have three images in a Grid Gallery that are using Lightbox, the SAME video (youtube) will play when I select any of the images.  Each image represents a separate product demo and needs to initially play a unique youtube video.  How do I change the Lightbox / Post settings so that each unique image initiates a unique video rather than the same video in the category?  This is very important, otherwise, the Lightbox seems rather useless as a tool for initializing separate videos.  I am sure there is an easy answer to this.  Please help!

adam
    Participant

Andy… since the last post I discovered that the problem was that I was using the SAME youtube video in each Post, therefore, the code was defaulting to the FIRST Post, given that all three grid image lightloxes were pointing to the same video within three separate posts.  However, if you would provide some guidance on these common issues, we could avoid bothering you so much in the support forum.  A simple "how to" manual for using lightboxes would have saved me more than a day of trial and error.  For example, lightboxes work well using grid galleries.  Create a separate post for each image to be used in the gallery.  Include a link to both the photo and the video in each post.  Select "o" for each post order and be sure to use separate video links to ensure that the appropriate video opens in each Lightbox dialogue  box.  This kind of simple instruction will help your novice users from banging the forum boards until their hair falls out.  You are very light on instruction for this theme.  Very.  That said, I love the theme and am beginning to show progress.  I will make a donation in the hope you will improve instruction for key topics such as the Lightbox, the CSS stylesheet Editor, Font options, resizing of Tabs, Galleries, etc.  Such a great theme should have more instructional resources to support it. 

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback Adam, I've not had any feedback suggesting the documentation wasn't detailed enough so it's always remained the same. I want to introduce more screencasts as I've received a lot of positive feedback about them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.