Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can not set custom layout for buddypress pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • 5ngua
    Participant

Hi Andy,

The pages like site.com/activate/ , site.com/register/ use the default layout defined in the Theme Options for Buddypress/BBpress. We we edit them and try to change their layouts – this does not work, they still use the default layout defined in the Theme Options. We can do the same things for Woocommerce plugin in it works. This is a bug.

I do need to set full-width layout for Activate and Register buddypress pages instead of using the default layout. But this is impossible at present. Hope this will be fixed in the future.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi 5ngua,

This isn’t so much of a BUG, they’re not real pages – despite being in the pages area they do not adhere to normal page functionality.

Hence why there is an option for page layout in Theme Options. I am looking to find a way to manage the layouts, however it’s not straight forward because I need to address each section of bbPress / BuddyPress e.g. activity, members etc.

5ngua
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    It is needed to make the control of the buddpress pages layouts. For example, a site which is running Google Adsense program won’t be accepted to place ads on register/activate pages – this is an adsense policy. So it is important to set other sidebars which don’t include adsense code for those pages. Currently this is impossible with DynamiX. Many buddypress themes can do this very well like Mingle or Salutation on Themeforest… Please consider to make this possible soon.
    Thanks,
    Hung.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will suggest this fix to Andy.

Kind regards,
    Tom

5ngua
    Participant

@Andy-CWZAdmin I ‘ve done this: hiding adsense ads from some pages. Widget Visibility module from Jetpack plugin does this very well. So there ‘s no need to work on this anymore. But I still suggest to fix buddypress pages in the future.
    Thanks,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.