Home / Forums / ePix Support / Cannot add high resolution photos from Nikon D5200..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Albert
    Participant

I have been trying to add the fine Jpeg photo files that i took with my Nikon D5200 to my wordpress site but cannot seem to get it to work. It either says HTTP error or just uploads a blank image. I go to Media > Add New to upload my photos, and have tried both the built-in browser uploader and the wordpress uploader. Both ways have failed to upload my photos..

Is there an alternative, more favored way to upload high quality photos taken from a DSLR? Please help. Thank you.

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hey Albert!
    Probably due to the fact the files are too big to be uploaded via the in-built functions of WP.
    Had the same issue with a video and the way out is to upload it via ftp server to your uploads folder.
    Hope this will help you.
    Greetings,
    Michèle.

Albert
    Participant

Hi Michèle! Thank you for the reply! I was able to get some of the photos uploaded via FTP but still am confused about why it automatically creates a bunch of “clone” files of different picture dimensions. Also, are you supposed to use the ‘Add From Server’ wordpress plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/add-from-server/) to upload via FTP to your media library? Thank you again.

Albert
    Participant

Anyone know how to get photos into your media library for easy use without anything being resized? I also do not want the file name to be changed in any way, preferably.

Michèle DC
    Participant

Good morning Albert!

Unfortunately this is also some issue I have… numerous ‘clones’ of the file in different sizes appear which of course takes space unnecessarily.
    I’m not sure whether this is due to the theme or some VC’s features… hope the support team will address this & find a good solution soon:-)

The files names are getting kind of ‘scripted’ with added numbers for security I assume. But once again, Tom or Andy will have the right answer for this.

Pics when uploaded directly via FTP should appear in your media library normally … without going via another plugin.
    Add From Server is useful to get to see the video files… 🙂

Have a nice day!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Images over 1800px wide are not needed for online use, no computer screen is larger than that to actually show an image within a browser window. If you are uploading 5000+px images, your server will not allow you and neither will WordPress as they are far too large.

I recommend resizing your images before uploading.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

Hey Tom,

My images are 709×540, 72 ppi. Average 290 kb, saved for Web use.
    And yet like Albert I noticed they were saved multiple times in different sizes… Is this due to VC? or something to do with the theme?
    Thanks for looking into this,
    Michèle.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you set an image to say 500x500px within your page, the image resizer script will kick in and create an image set to this specific size so that the page loads up quickly with the correct size of image. Instead of loading up a massing image. This is meant to happen yes.

Tom

Michèle DC
    Participant

All right Tom.
    Thanks for the info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.