Home / Forums / ePix Support / cannot make any blog posts – visual composer not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

hello
    I cannot do any new blogposts with photos anymore, as i cannot add any new photos into any blogpost… i can make new pages (which wasnt possible before) and add photos in there, but when i go to ‘new post’ then i can write words, but when i click on ‘add media’ nothing happens, as well nothing on the other tabs below ‘page config’ etc… please advice

Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

and i just tried to reinstall it but did not change.. what i as well noticed is that the page ‘reloads’ once i click on ‘new post’ i see the page a second, then the entire screen goes white and the page reloads and i cannot click on ‘add media’.. and i have tried it with chrome, firefox and safari and from 2 separate computers so it’s not my laptop which has a problem

EDIT: even though i just have deinstalled and reinstalled the VC it still tells me that i need to update it, hence it seems that there is something wrong… and i cannot update the epix theme either even though i via the envato toolkit say ‘update automatically’

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you are using an older version of ePix with the latest version of WordPress.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christine
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christine
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Christine,

It looks like you are using an official version of Visual Composer over the theme version. The official version is riddled with bugs and does not include the options created for the theme. The latest update of Visual Composer is always bundled with the theme and has many other options added with the theme.

If you complete the following, you can remove the official version and re-install the correct theme version.

Go to Plugins > Deactivate Visual Composer > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

Dear Tom
    I have tried all of the above, trying to update via envato toolkit, (as well deleting and reinstalling the toolkit) and uploading the newest downloadable epix version from the market place, and just uploading this as a new folder in my http://ftp.. does NOT work both of them…
    when i use the toolkit i get the following screens
    first

when i then go on the details i get a BLANK screen..

and when i click automatic update and agree that it will not save any customazation, it just gets a new blank screen with a ‘i can tell dolly’ text???

please advice as it starts to get extremely disappointing to use the theme and i need to upload new content on my page ASAP!!!! to make my business…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I cannot see the screenshots for some reason? Might be uploaded in the wrong place?

Are you using the latest version of WordPress?

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I have logged into your site and I am not sure why the Envato plugin loads a blank page. Please set your reply to private and provide your FTP details so I can take a further look for you.

If you are unsure of your FTP details, please contacting your hosting company and they should be able to provide you with them.

I will log in and update the theme via FTP for you, then I will run some tests to see exactly why the plugin was not working correctly.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thank you for that, I have managed to update the theme to the latest version.

You just need to update Visual Composer. I cannot do this as you need to delete the plugin but I do not have the other FTP password so I cannot perform this action.

To update VC, go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Michael Hornbogen
    Participant

thanks it finally works now

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.