Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can’t Activate Theme

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Tosh Hatch
    Participant

I’m trying this on my back up test install. I just get a white page (front end and back end), only way to get access to the admin again is to delete the files via FTP.

On another install on the same server I can get it working … I do have PHP 5+ and it’s uploaded in the correct directory on different installs I’ve tried.

Even when I try to preview the them before attempting to activate it’s just a blank white preview.

On my test back up install I disabled all plugins then tried to activate your theme and still won’t activate. Would love to get this working. Any ideas?

Running WP 3.0.5

One time I got this instead of a white screen

`Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11 bytes) in /home/me/public_html/mysite/wp-includes/post.php on line 1375`

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

reinstall wp and make sure you upload the dynamix folder thats INSIDE the zip file from themeforest.

best practice is to use ftp rather than wp upload

Tosh Hatch
    Participant

I have uploaded the correct folder trust me. Did it via FTP and by making a zip of the “DynamiX” folder and unzipping it on the server. Same issues both times.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

How many posts are you running on your site?

Tosh Hatch
    Participant

@andy-cwzadmin Since it’s a very active ps3 blogging site it has 6,400+ posts.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok a couple of things to try then. First, replace your functions.php file with http://help.themeva.com/functions.zip file – secondly, increase your WordPress memory.

See http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Tosh Hatch
    Participant

Great it’s working now. I changed the WordPress memory to 64M.

Some other issues with plugins and styling causing other plugins to look odd or just not work. But I’ll have to look more into that later.

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

tosh,might be worth finding out the memory limit of the server and raising the memory further,i got mine on 94m but i can go higher.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.