Home / Forums / ePix Support / Can't Edit Skin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Elisa Andzik
    Participant

Hi! I’ve been trying to figure this out for a long time now, and just can’t find the right info to help me. When I try to customize the skin (Appearance > Customize > Select Skin – which I have to click on 3 times for it to open) I only have 2 options: Select Skin to Edit (has drop down, and New/Dupe/Delete buttons), and Set Default Skin (has drop down). Other than that, there are no options for me to change. I have tried changing the skins to see if that gives me any editing capabilities, but it doesn’t.

Searching around, I found “Warning! Due to the WordPress customizer having a compatibility issue with Tabs and Accordion, do not try to customize a page with either of these present.”… but I am not able to find out exactly what “Tabs and Accordion” are to know if I have either present – or what I need to do to fix it if I have it.

I have updated everything (I believe my theme updates for me automatically, because it says it’s up to date, but I can’t find the “update” button/option in the Envato Tool Kit anywhere!), including wordpress, VC, and all plugins.

Also, when trying to search the forums, if I find a topic I’d like to read, it takes me to a page for Envato License Verification…. I follow the link, get my purchase code, then it gives me the error “Sorry, this key is already in the database or is for a different Envato item. If you think this is a mistake, please contact us to resolve the issue.” It is SO hard to find information, or just get into it once you’ve found it!

My site is memoriesbyelisa.com, please let me know if there’s other info you need to help with my issue.

Thanks!
    E

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The theme will not update automatically, you will have to initiate this. Can you make sure you’re using ePix 2.1.3 and once that is upto date, please ensure Visual Composer is upto date too by following this guide: http://acoda.com/troubleshooting-guide/

Elisa Andzik
    Participant

Yes, I am using version 2.1.3 – I have not updated in a long time, and I could not find any sort of “Update” button anywhere for it to check for new updates. I updated VC yesterday, and just did it again. Nothing has changed, it is still as I described above. Please help!

Elisa Andzik
    Participant

Ok…. I think I’m just an idiot! LOL It’s one of those cases where you stare at something for so long you don’t see it anymore! I was skipping descriptions on some things, and not connecting words like “skin” and “Header/Menu”! Also, when watching the video on how to change skins I thought there was supposed to be other options in the skin section. I think it’s just a different version than the one I have, because it doesn’t go into a “skin section”, it just kinda expands it yet still shows the other options to change (like menus and such). So, I believe I just solved my own issue/stupidity!

I still do not fully understand accordions and tabs, though. I did find the Elements Area where I can change the colors for it, but I still can’t find info on exactly what those two things are/do. Can you tell me what they are/do, or where I could find descriptions for them? I’m just worried about that warning I came across about customizing pages with either of them present.

Also, how do I check to see if there is an update available? (I know that I am currently up to date, but how do I make it check to see if there’s a new one for future reference?)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Elisa,

I’m glad you resolved it 🙂

Accordions and Tabs are added via the Visual Composer.

You can enable email alerts via ThemeForest, goto your Account > Downloads > Find ePix and enable the notifications.

Elisa Andzik
    Participant

Thank you!

May
    Participant

Is there a way of assigning a different header to each primary and secondary skin? I have a dark skin with a white header in the menu and would like the theme to switch to the dark header with a light background…how do I set this?

Thanks!

May

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.