Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can't figure out how to get vertical slider to work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Eddie
    Participant

Hi, I really want to be able to include the vertical slider found on http://dynamix.themeva.com/ labled “Some Features” near the bottom left of that page. The visual editor is having issues, and I can’t figure out how to use short codes to do it. I imported demo data successfully and I can see the vertical slider on my demo home page, but it doesn’t show up in the visual editor. I went back to the classic editor and copied the code to move it to another page, but now it is just the same content in the slider as the demo page. How can I make it my own content?

Ideally I would set up a slide set and just use that to make updates, but I have no idea how to modify the short code to choose a slide set. I already tried watching the videos and going through the documentation. I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if it just isn’t there.

Please help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Eddie,

That’s strange, I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be able to see that after the demo import. What version are you using? There has been some issues with the Visual Composer in the latest version, they’re resolved in the next update ( releasing it today ). It maybe worth waiting for that and see what that does, if that doesn’t work, please post your login details ( click Set as Private Reply ) and I’ll happily take a look for you.

Eddie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Eddie,

Version 3.0.4 came out today, try upgrading to this and see if that works.

Here is a shortcode example of a Group Gallery with vertical option selected and slide set data source:

[postgallery_slider id="group_mygroupslider" data_source="data-4" orderby="ASC" slidesetid="slideset_demo" content_type="textimage" vertical="yes"]

Eddie
    Participant

I will try to install that version today, but won’t be able to until later. How can I find the slide set ID to add to the short code?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The slide set is created in the Slide Set Manager ( see documentation ) – you just give the same name of the slide set you’ve created e.g. myslideset

http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/slide-sets/

Eddie
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Sorry to be a bother, but I tried adding the following short code to the page and it isn’t loading anything. Can you think of any reason why this wouldn’t work in a local development environment?

[postgallery_slider id="home_page_vertical_slider" data_source="data-4" orderby="ASC" slidesetid="Home Page Vertical Group Slider" content_type="textimage" vertical="yes"]

That is the name of the slide set, but it’s still not showing up. :-/ Am I doing something wrong?

I also tried migrating the site to my server, but get a PHP fatal error because /wp-content/themes/DynamiX/lib/adm/inc/map.php is requesting nearly 512MB of PHP memory. I asked my hosting company about it and they said they can’t set the memory limit that high. Have you run into this problem before? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No worries, I’m not sure why you’re having such issues with that. Can you post up your login details ( click Set as private reply ).

You definitely do not need 512MB to run that file, something is amiss here. My servers are running the standard 32mb – is that with version 3.0.4?

Are they using a Linux environment or Windows, the only time I seem to encounter issues like this are Windows related or GoDaddy.

Eddie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s good to hear, someone else is running into a localhost issue it seems, I’ll have to investigate to see what settings maybe affecting it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.