Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Can´t find/update WP Visual Composer plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Oliver
    Participant

Hi there,

I have encountered a couple of problems with the Dynamix theme lately. It started off after i deactivated my Dynamix child theme and activated a standard wordpress theme to check whether a buddypress problem i was having had to do with the theme (it didn´t). So i went back and reactivated my child theme, but when i did all of a sudden i had many problems in my footer and in my sidebars. some of the widgets in the fooeter were lost, some of them had lost the changes i had made to them and some are displaying funny stuff now….

So I came here and found out that it is a good idea to keep my dynamix theme, visual composer and revolution slider updated. I then deactivated and erased visual composer in order to re-install it. But I can´t seem to find a visual composer plugin now! :-/ It doesn´t come up when I go to plugins-> install plugs ins and do a search for it there! Codecanyon offers the pligin for 34 dollars, but on the faq page here it says that i don´t need to purchase visual composer?!

How can I quickly solve this problem, please? Because now some of the stuff on my page is not working!

Also, is there any explanation as to why all these widgets act fuinny since re-activating my child theme?

And one more question: Do I need to do an update of the Dynamix theme even though I am using a child theme? If so, how can I do that?

Thanks a million in advance for your help!

Oliver
    Participant

PS: Ok, I just uploaded the visual composer plugin again via ftp from an older backup, so it is is working again. But I would still need help with the other questions… If you want to have a look, you can go to http://aikidoimhof.de/dojo/
    The sidebar on the right shows one of the problems: The quote under the image should not have the “blockquote” stuff before and after (it is only doing that since i reactivated the child theme)…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

You need to update the theme to 5.0.2, this will contain a later version of Visual Composer ( so you’ll have to update it again ) and this will fix the quote issue too.

Oliver
    Participant

Thanks, Andy. How do I update to 5.0.2 if I am using a child theme, please?

Oliver
    Participant

I managed to do it myself. Thank you!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

Please switch to the core theme and update that, once that is complete, switch back to the Child Theme.

Oliver
    Participant

Andy, I managed to do it and then switched back to the child theme. However, now I am having the problem that all headings are displayed much bigger than before, even though the child theme defines the size of the font of the headings. Can you help with this?

Updating everyting caused me quite a bit of work, i had to re-do all the settings of the slider and work on all my slides, because of the new version of revolution slider, i guess. Can this be avoided somehow in the future?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

How did you upgrade the Revolution Slider, it shouldn’t affect the slides when updating?

Also, can you post the CSS you’re using for the heading tags please.

Oliver
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Oliver
    Participant

The update of the theme was done by ftp upload, writing over the old theme (which was not deleted before updating, simply overwritten). Was this wrong?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

It is accepting the above CSS. The issue that maybe that the structure of the site was changed and you will have to increase the values you’ve stated above.

With regards to the Theme, I think switching to the core, may have upset it. The best method in future would be to upload the plugins via FTP too, i.e. DynamIX/plugins/revslider.zip ( unzip this and upload to the plugins folder ) and the DynamIX/plugins/js_composer.zip ( unzip and upload to the plugins folder ).

Oliver
    Participant

increase which values, please?

the plugins were uploaded like you described (a friend did this for me and i just had to go back and ask him. he sayd he did it like you described)…

thanks for your help!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Please increase the following values:

h1 { font-size: 20px; font-size: 3.1rem; margin-bottom: 10px;}
    h2 { font-size: 20px; font-size: 2.5rem; margin-bottom: 9px; }
    h3 { font-size: 18px; font-size: 2.0rem; margin-bottom: 8px; }
    h4 { font-size: 16px; font-size: 1.7rem; margin-bottom: 8px; }
    h5 { font-size: 14px; font-size: 1.4rem; margin-bottom: 7px; }
    h6 { font-size: 12px; font-size: 1.2rem; margin-bottom: 5px; }

Oliver
    Participant

which values? font-size 20px? font-size 3.1? margin-bottom? sorry, i am not that familiar with css.

also, i want the font to be smaller, not bigger, wouldn´t i have to de-crease the font then?

Oliver
    Participant

i just worked it out myself. i had to decrease the rem values.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.