Home / Forums / ePix Support / Can't install the required plugins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Anindya Biswas
    Participant

Hi,

I was facing some issues with ePix and thus reinstalled it. After installing it, I am prompted to install the plugin “visual composer: But if I click on it and on install, all I get is a blank screen next.

Has anyone faced this issue before? Or can figure out where the problem lies?

Do let me know.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

This can be due to WordPress memory issues. Please try increasing your WordPress memory as per the WP guide here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

What method did you use to install the theme? Alos, Advanced Excerpt has been causing issues lately. Please try disabling that plugin and see how it performs then?

Anindya Biswas
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m sorry for getting back to late. The issue was a plugins folder which wasn’t created. The site had crashed and in an effort to bring back the old, the plugins folder name was changed to plugins.old. Now it’s working fine.

But I am faced with another issue: The homepage to my site: http://www.indebo.com/a-wild-india shows on desktops. But when I try to access it through mobile or other devices the theme doesn’t show up. Do you know what’s going wrong? The inner pages do show up on mobile though.

Thanks,

Anindya

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anindya,

It loads fine for me on a mobile device. However, your images are coming from another URL and that maybe loading very slowly. Is there any reason why they’re on here: http://i2.wp.com/www.indebo.com/a-wild-india/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/10514713_585710288225392_2086354535478705897_n.jpg?resize=940%2C627

Anindya Biswas
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I removed the lazy load from the homepage. So guess it works then. Otherwise, it was taking too much time on 2G networks and Hello Dolly was coming up in the meanwhile. The reason why they’re on that link is because I’m using EWWW Image Optimizer to do some lossless compression.

Is it not recommended? Thanks a ton for helping me out.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I was on a WiFi network when i tested. I would personally host them on your server and use a cache plugin like “Wp Fastest Cache”, this should then load much quicker on Mobile devices.

Anindya Biswas
    Participant

Hi Andy,

We let go of our server and started working with Bluehost a while back. Do you suggest that I host images on that? Isn’t it the same as uploading images onto the WP backend?

Regarding Caches, I’m using the WP3 Total Cache (guess they are similar).

Reply whenever you have time. I have already started marketing the site and am getting good reviews.

Cheers,

Anindya

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anindya,

I personally do not recommend W3 Total Cache, it has been causing users quite a few issues of late. WP Fastest Cache is lighter and doesn’t seem to be as intrusive.

Yes, hosting images on your WP install ( media library ) is better than having them on a separate server. Unless it’s a CDN. When the cache is fully functional, it won’t matter so much and having them on your WP install is perfectly fine.

Anindya Biswas
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks a ton for the advice! I’ve uninstalled W3 and installed WP Fastest Cache. Seems things are fine for now. But just for knowledge, I’m using Photon from the Jetpack suite as a CDN. What do you think of it?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome! I can’t see any issues with those CDN’s, if it’s working better I would stick with how you have it now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.