Home / Forums / ePix Support / Can'ts login + hack warning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • bukkyade
    Participant

Hi there,

so i thought i posted this a while back but got no response so I am posting again.

My site was working fine for a month then i go in a play with visual composer to make it look like the demo and it still works for a bit but when i go back a few weeks later, i get an error message. I try to login to wp via “site”/wp-login but i get the same error on that page. So a friend of mine that’s a web dev told me to delete the theme from my hosting (since the error seemed to be with the theme). So I go to godaddy hosting and delte the file the theme is in… refresh the site and SAME issue. but now it says it needs that file to start my site… i have no idea what to do next please help. I am also getting a message from google saying my site has been hacked. but i can’t log in to change anything cause of the error

error: Warning: require(/home/kweenb/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 220

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/kweenb/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 220

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m sorry I missed that!

It sounds like it’s a wordpress issue and not theme, especially if you’ve deleted the theme and the standard WP theme does it. Please try re-installing WordPress and see if the issue is resolved.

If you’re not sure how to re-install WordPress, please contact GoDaddy, they maybe able to do this for you.

bukkyade
    Participant

Hi, so my friend was able to fix it in Godaddy. However, after customizing the site using visual composer/ revolution slide i have a similar error come up. The strange part is that it was working perfectly has i was updating it and asked a few people to look at it only to go online today and see the error after not having changed anything. How can i prevent this from happening again?

I use wordpress.org. i have not downloaded wordpress as an application on my laptop. When i go to WP updates, it says it’s up to date. I tried to update revolution slider but it’s asking for a license key (Which is strange b//c i though this theme came with it automatically)

here is the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘=’ in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/header.php on line 119

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

The error above is different from the other. It suggests the header has been modified. Can you try re-installing the theme and see if that works.

If that doesn’t work, please post your WP and FTP login details and I’ll take a look for you. PS. Godaddy isn’t the greatest of hosting, they always seem to pop up with issues.

bukkyade
    Participant

wouldn’t reinstalling the theme remove all the customizing I have set up?
    Also do i have uninstalll before i reinstall?

bukkyade
    Participant

i got this message trying to re-install

Installing Theme from uploaded file: ePix.zip
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-content/themes/ePix/

Theme install failed.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You would have to remove the theme first before re-installing it. As long as you’ve made the CSS changes via Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS, you will not lose any changes you’ve made.

bukkyade
    Participant

But I don’t know CSS :-/ I made changes Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > General/ Header/Footer and mostly in pages using rev slider etc

bukkyade
    Participant

So i uninstalled and re-installed and its working again. thanks 🙂

however whenever i make a change in Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > General/Footer
    i get this error
    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/vc_classmap.json.php:1) in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

why do i keep getting these?

my page is still up right not but I have a feeling this message will take over soon to other visitors

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  bukkyade.

bukkyade
    Participant

This is getting tiring.. I just tried to make a post private and i cant even do that.. now the message is coming up twice in a row

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/vc_classmap.json.php:1) in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/vc_classmap.json.php:1) in /home/kweenb/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

bukkyade
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I can imagine it is getting very tiring and I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. The errors that are occurring are so unusual – my guess is that there is an issue with your server or there is a plugin seriously causing some havoc.

The one way we can narrow this down is if you disable all plugins apart from Visual Composer and see if the error then occurs. If it does, please switch to the standard wordpress theme ( Twenty Fifteen ). If it’s still occurring there is an issue with either WordPress or your server.

bukkyade
    Participant

talking to go daddy and seems like VC is the problem. I deactiveated vc and it work fine, but when i re-activate i got this message:

he plugin generated 1 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

bukkyade
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I’ve just updated VC for you manually and I’ve activated it – it doesn’t appear to be causing any errors, can you confirm?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.