Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Carousel loading is strange/distorted

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Marcus Cake
    Participant

I am keen to use a carousel on the home page. However, it loads strangely. The carousel is set for 6 columns and a limit of 36 posts. The problem is that it seems to render 36 rows, and then when the carousel is fully loaded is compresses the 36 into 1 row. This means the page load has a lot of white space. The outcome I am after is at http://www.wisdomnetworks.im/home-page-beta (with carousel as the final item in main content).

I have put the carousel on a page of its own so you can see the “distorted” page load. Is there a way to fix this?
    http://www.wisdomnetworks.im/carousel

The code on this page is displayed below.

[vc_row padding="0" margin_bottom="0"][vc_column width="1/1"][vc_column_text]<center><font size=”5em” color=”black”>Featured posts</font></center><center><font size=”2em” color=”black”>Click here for the Featured posts page</font></center>[/vc_column_text][vc_carousel posts_query="size:37|order_by:date|order:DESC|post_type:post,page|categories:141" layout="image|link_post,title|link_post" link_target="_self" speed="5000" mode="horizontal" slides_per_view="6" wrap="yes" thumb_size="100x100" el_class="customcarousel" autoplay="yes" hide_pagination_control="yes"][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

This is just the way the jQuery being applied to the page, unfortunately we cannot do anything about this Visual Composer created it and it is not fantastic. Try using the Group Slider that is built into the theme instead as this works a lot nicer.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Marcus Cake
    Participant

I have used the Group Slider. It still seems to push the rows down the page first, but returns to a single row much faster than the Accodian. It is less noticeable, but not ideal.

A stop auto-advance if the mouse of hovering would be ideal. I know the group slider doesn’t have this feature, but may be worth including.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will suggest this to Andy.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.