Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Categories do not work since update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Alistair Cowan
    Participant

I updated the theme, and now, if a page for example is set to display posts form the category ‘Testimonials’… it will actually just display what seems to be all the other categories. I am searching for the reason, and have tried de-activation the plugins. please help!!
    Alistair.

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

got it working by toggling the category off and on on the page… then updating each page.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m glad you resolved it. Did you update from an older version of the theme?

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Yes, updated from an older version…. I always update, ever since the time I didn’t and the site was hacked.

Have to say, the update has not gone well. It was a fantastic theme that simply worked before – and was the key to the booking for my band.
    1. I now find that the ‘reveal’ function is not working, – http://www.rollercoasterband.co.uk/rollercoaster-videos/
    2. the mp3 jplayer works on some pages, not on others, – http://www.rollercoasterband.co.uk/rollercoaster-main-audio/
    2. CVG video player now won’t function ( http://www.alistaircowan.com/videos/ ),
    3. I followed every instruction to update the revolution slider, and the final resort was to delete and re-instal… so now I have to start from scratch, and it’s so complicated I’ll probably just use a static image.

I’ve tried different browsers too – so it’s not browser cache
    Most important for me is the mp3 jplayer issue, as people listen to the band then book them.

Any hints on these issues would be appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    I’ve deactivated mp3-jplayer, and it seems to have fixed a few problems there… maybe that is now bundled with the theme or wordpress itself??

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Alistair,

The issue with the “Reveal” is due to WP 4.3 – the best option to use now is the FAQ ( Toggle ) element instead of the reveal. However, I have fixed it for the next update ( which I’m about to release ). But as and when you can, I’d update the deprecated elements with the alternatives ( where possible ).

WP 4.3 has upset a few things and it may have affected the plugin. WP does have their own HTML5 player for mp3’s and mp4’s now.

Alistair Cowan
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me – really appreciate it… and sorry for any frustrating tone previous. That’s the problem when amateurs dabble where experts dwell 😉
    I’ll keep working at it!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem, it’s just bad timing with the release of WP 4.3, all should be okay in DynamiX 5.0.2 now? 🙂

The Denovati Group
    Participant

Hi. I’ve updated arts-festival.com to 5.0.2 and have the same problem with the deprecated reveal element. Andy, I can’t find the alternative FAQ/Toggle element anywhere. What am I missing?!?!

Courtney

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Courtney,

Can you post your WP login details please, it maybe hidden in the Visual Composer settings.

The Denovati Group
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.