Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Category Filtering Not Working?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Kow
    Participant

Hello,

I am setting up my homepage and other pages using the visual composer. I am trying to set up a grid of posts/portfolio items which all use separate categories. When I try to enter the category name in the category filter, an icon will appear which is rotating (I assume this is normal) and then it stops.

When I tab or click in another area to edit additional information, the category text input area will just automatically clear itself. Do you think this is a browser issue/cookies/bug? I tried in both Chrome & IE9.

Thanks,
    Kow

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

Do you have a link to the page in question? Can we also get your login details to take a further look into this? Are you using the latest version of DynamiX and WordPress?

Please set your reply to private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

You can add the title to your page so it shows Home instead of (No Title) then to make it not display on your page, type in BLANK into the Alternative Page Title, just below your content.

The post grids cannot have animated filtering but the Grid Gallery can. I have set up a quick demo gallery at the bottom of your homepage so you can take a look.

Please take a look and let me know if this is the type of thing you are after.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant

Thanks,

I got everything squared away except one thing. I have set a revolution slider for my homepage, and on 2 of the slides I had inserted videos but when I load the page to preview the slider the videos only show “An error occurred, please try again later.” I haven’t yet figured out the culprit, but i have cleared my cache and installed JW player as I saw that in the documentation.

Cheers,
    Kow

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

How are you inputting the JW Player to the Rev slider? I don’t think it is possible to add it in.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant

Originally I just used the “add video layer” option to place the video as it seemed pretty self explanatory, but when it didn’t work I was looking through the documentation to see if there was a missing plugin or a setting I didn’t set correctly and I saw that I should have JW player just installed so I did that.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

It doesn’t look like you can insert a JWPlayer video into the rev slider but you can add a video to the HTML5 player. What I did was acquired my videos URL > Added a video layer > selected HTML5 > added my link and it inserted the image and worked.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant

Hey Tom,

They are YouTube videos I am trying to embed into the slider.

I originally went Add Layer: Video > YouTube > Enter URL/ID > Set My settings > Add Video.

That functionality is not currently working for me. Is there other options or settings I have to modify for these videos to work?

Kow

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

Seems like Rev slider is having a few issues. I got it to work by going to the youtube video > embed > copy the iframe code > rev slider: add new layer > paste code into html field > save and preview.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant

Tom,

It seems that method doesn’t work correctly. I have a video on the 3rd and 5th slide in this slider and when I load up my home page with these two slides in them, they both auto play right as soon as the page opens, not when it gets to the slide.

Do you know if there is an going to be an update or fix for this issue?

Cheers,
    Kow

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

It is strange that the iframe is the only way that worked. Are you using the latest version of DynamiX and WordPress? The demo is set up through adding a video layer with autoplay active and it knows when the user is on a different slide and starts to play the video. With iframe, there isn’t anyway of telling.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kow
    Participant

Hey,

Yes I am using the latest WordPress and Dynamix (3.1.1) version, and this morning when I wanted to check my theme options the page is not loading but instead has a spinning wheel that doesn’t stop.

After this additional problem I uninstalled and re-installed Dynamix completely to check and see if there was a corrupted theme file but it is still not working.

Cheers

Kow
    Participant

Update – Disregard the Theme options not working, I found a conflicting plugin.

But yes my rev slider is still not displaying YouTube videos correctly. And just in case I have cleared my cache.

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kow,

I have created a test slider for you and inserted a video using the method integrated into Rev slider and it seems to work. Please take a look and let me know if it works for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.