Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Category pages

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi guys, having some problems with Category pages – ie, how to format them – i can’t find any section anywhere that allows me to do this. I don’t like how the ‘archive for’ appears at the top, and some of the posts on the category pages have an excerpt, while others after the first two or three are displaying the full post in it’s entirety.

It doesn’t make much sense to me and I need help; would a appreciate a quick response as this is crucial to how i’m laying out the site.

Also, quickly, the favicon keeps disappearing even after I enter it in the appropriate field for it in theme options. it last a few minutes then it’s gone again. Any ideas on that?

many thanks

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi guys, could you also explain to me what the image resizer does, and what turning if off impacts? I turned it off and it removed a featured image from a post, which was welcome. however, when I get into more complicated things once I get the site running, i’d like to know what the Image Resizer being on is necessary for. Thanks

Also, guys, what is the general purpose of that drop down area above the search bar? And how do I turn it off/decide what to put on it? It seems to be picking up old sidebars from a previous theme right now.

Cheers

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

1) You can edit the archive page under /dynamix/archive.php where you will be able edit the ‘archive for’ text. You could also edit the page via Custom CSS.

2) What is the path of your favicon?

3) It doesn’t have the ability to remove images at all, not sure how that happend. It resizes images to the exact sizes set in galleries.

4) You can turn the dropdown menu off within Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Dropdown Panel > Off

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for coming back to me.

not much of a coder myself, don’t suppose you would know what kind of CSS i could use and where to put it would you?

i got the favicon working, if it turns off again and disappears ill let you know.

What is the idea behind the dropdown panel anyway?

Thanks again mate.

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

also, i got an email notification saying there is a theme update. I have downloaded it, but how do I update? ( sorry, but ive only ever updated through the wordpress dashboard).

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

As customizing pages does not come under the standard theme functions we cannot offer free support for this, but we do offer a Custom CSS forum where we can perform these changes for you. Please see here.

The idea of the drop down panel is to hide things that are important to the user but do not have a place on the main page. For example, a contact form and map.

For updating the theme, we recommend using the Envato plugin. For more information, please see the documentation here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

ignore me, it started working,….thanks

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

hi guys, im trying to update this theme through the envato pluginafter my API was accepted ( you know where it says – view version 305 details or update automatically). So i’m hitting update automatically and it’s going onto a blank page on the next page and nothing is loading up.

Any ideas? – nothing is updating.

Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

Could I please get your login details so I can take a further look at this? Please set your reply as private also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

Hi Tom,

When i clicked the skip backup box, it worked.

Any idea why that might be?

Either way it’s ok now.

Tom, just to come back to the Category pages for a minute;

I’m having trouble figuring out category pages.

Basically, on a category page, I can’t make the custom excerpt show at all. Any idea why? I’m really hitting a wall on how to lay out my site until I get this sorted out.

I can make an excerpt show from the start of the post if i make it a standard post, but the custom excerpt just wont work.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,

One reason it might not have worked is your server might not have had enough memory or space to back up your site but as we have not created the Envato plugin I cannot tell you for sure.

It sounds like you have the Custom Excerpt setting still checked. Try unchecking the No Custom Excerpts within Settings > Excerpt.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Jim Donaghue
    Participant

thanks tom, that was it ( the ticked box). Weird that got checked as the old theme I was on worked with the custom excerpt and i never went near that setting. Thanks anyway

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.