Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / center background image

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Paul Kunkel
    Participant

On http://wangjingwei.org/?page_id=12150&preview=true I would like to center the the calligraphy as a background image inside the column. How could I accomplish this? This page is a draft so I follow up with the login to the site.

Thanks a million.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Paul Kunkel.

Paul Kunkel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

Thank you Andy. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear, but I wanted the background photo to be centered horizontally and vertically in the column to the left of the photo. Right now, it is to the left.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Try this instead:

.row.center-background-position {background-image: center center !important;}

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

That didn’t change anything, I’m sorry. Again, I want the calligraphy to be behind the text on the left, centered in that column.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Have you unset the image now?

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

I was trying different things, the image is there. Should I be putting it in the column instead of the row? I tried everything it is not centering.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I moved the image to the column as I’m assuming you wanted it aligned center of the text column, gave it a new CSS class and add the following CSS to Custom CSS:

.centeralignimage .vc_column-inner {background-position: center center !important;}

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

Yes, that’s exactly it! Thank you, Andy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.