Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Centre Logo with menu items either side – blankmenu not saving

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • heli
    Participant

Hi Andy, Tom,

I’m currently trying (and failing) to centre the logo on a Dynamix site I’m building. When I’ve done this in the past (admittedly using Terso) I’ve used the blankmenu method which is explained in several posts on the forum. However it doesn’t seem to be working with Dynamix. I can add the # and the space in the custom links box and when added to the menu it has the title “pending” however as soon as I delete the # and add the blankmenu css class to the menu item, it vanishes (and not in the way it did on Terso – where it just become a very thin dialogue box).

Are the classes different in Dynamix and if so and you can tell me the bit I should be targeting that would be great. Or, do I need to do something completely different, in which case if you can point me in the right direction that would be a great help!

thank you

Heli

PS. Using latest versions of everything!

I’ve copied and pasted the css exactly from other posts

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Heli,

You can center align the logo via Themes > Customize > Menu / Branding Align and set the Logo to center.

I hope that helps?

heli
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I thought that only worked if you had the logo above the menu items rather than on the same line as them? My problem is that I’d like the logo in the centre of the header area with the menu items on either side of it and try as I might I can’t find a way to stop the menu items from overlapping the logo.

I did find a way of setting up the blankmenu css to work (for some reason if I created a class called blankmenu a then I could create blank menu items) but the positioning isn’t brilliant (one side is closer to the logo than the other).

As ever, any advice gratefully received.

best wishes

Helena

PS. If you’d like to take a look then let me know and I’ll set up an account for you.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Helena,

My apologies, I missed that part. Do you have a link and i’ll see what it’s doing. As it’s a customization too, can you post over on that forum, thanks!

Kind regards,
    Andy

heli
    Participant

Hi Andy,

No problem – will post link in customisation forum!

best wishes

Heli

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.