Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Change Blog Post

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • infogenial
    Participant

Hi Acoda Team,

I’m not achieving to change the single post layout to have a top image slider and 2 columns after.

What I’ve tried was make the layout with visual composer, and it seems to work fine for presenting the post but when I click on post category, the grid shows other text, no just the content of the post.

The main question is:

Is visual composer indicated to customize the post layout?
    If not, which would be the solution?
    1- Do you have some filter actions useful to change this layout?
    2-Create a file-template will override your template?
    3- Can override your post template? How?

Thanks.

Post Layout made with visual composer
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2328199/3cbea58d33da86209e7bde2707d48727

Post Grid after category click
    http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/2328207/8983507b697ad73c1093aad707aeae63

———————— Visual Composer content ——————————
    [vc_row][vc_column][postgallery_image data_source="data-9" images_attach="4773,4770,4766,4763,4760" null="" ratio="16:9" content_type="image"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/3"][vc_cta h2="" style="custom" add_icon="left" i_type="nucleo_outline" i_icon_nucleo_outline="nc-icon-outline ui-1_calendar-grid-58" i_on_border="true" css=".vc_custom_1490294745597{margin-bottom: 15px !important;margin-left: 15px !important;padding-top: 0px !important;padding-right: 0px !important;padding-bottom: 0px !important;}"]DATE
    [post_date][/vc_cta][vc_cta h2="" style="custom" add_icon="left" i_type="nucleo_outline" i_icon_nucleo_outline="nc-icon-outline design_design" i_on_border="true" css=".vc_custom_1490294722054{margin-bottom: 15px !important;margin-left: 15px !important;padding-top: 0px !important;padding-right: 0px !important;padding-bottom: 0px !important;}"]SERVICES
    [post_tags][/vc_cta][/vc_column][vc_column width="2/3"][vc_column_text]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, his alterum minimum ut, id usu tritani percipit. Eos error tibique no, sit luptatum inimicus te. Eu sit graece deserunt. Falli oporteat qui ex. Dissentiet concludaturque has ei, mucius ornatus placerat eos cu.

An pro ignota persecuti mnesarchum, et graeci singulis mea. Minim nostrud delicatissimi ne vix, ne assum signiferumque mei, rebum lobortis at nec. Ea ipsum tibique nam, per no elaboraret theophrastus comprehensam. Legere tamquam no quo. Mei eius quas adipisci at, quando atomorum ei nam, per te labore denique suscipiantur.

Ex eos lorem mundi conceptam, per eu esse iracundia. Et alii audiam graecis mel, dolore moderatius eum eu, agam vidisse impedit vis in. Accusata prodesset mnesarchum et eam, at augue maluisset sit, quem viderer meliore qui eu. Debet decore ne mei.

Populo habemus reformidans per te, ei qui moderatius eloquentiam concludaturque, audiam postulant pro at. His at blandit commune. Eum tamquam laoreet epicurei te. Eum malis docendi scripserit ei, id pertinax repudiandae intellegebat est.

Invidunt consetetur vim no, te iudico mollis vim. Voluptua convenire disputationi ex sea, graece verterem iracundia per te. Has fastidii percipitur te, eius mentitum fabellas vel id. Te assum tempor consequat nam, te posse falli his.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
    ——————————————————————————————————-

Hi @infogenial

If the metadata is added to the post manually via Visual Composer, then it becomes part of the post content, that’s why it shows up.

With the layout you prefer for the the posts, the best option is to create your own single post template. If you add the file to your child theme, it should override the theme’s single post layout.

Regards,

infogenial
    Participant

Hi,

Can you please write the name that my single post template file should have to override You Theme the theme’s single post layout?

Thanks

Hi @infogenial

The default file is single.php but it will call another set of files depending on the type of post you are creating.

The other files depending on post type are:
    content.php
    content-aside.php
    content-audio.php
    content-gallery.php
    content-image.php
    content-link.php
    content-page.php
    content-quote.php
    content-status.php
    content-video.php

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.