Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Change Starting position of Accordian lists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
  • Michael
    Participant

I am using accordians for an FAQ page. The first accordian is always open. is there a way to make all of them start closed?

Thanks

Mike

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

You can modify the Accordion script within in the DynamiX/lib/js/dynamix.min.js – search for h3.accordionhead and place the following code after autoHeight:false –

,collapsible: true,active: false so it reads header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true,active: false

Hope that helps

thiomas
    Participant

Gotta love this support forum…this is the exact issue I was working on

Michael
    Participant

I editted the js file but i have not seen any changes on my page. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I even triple checked that I had the code right.

Michael

thiomas
    Participant

Thanks Andy… code solution above worked great…. thank you

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Glad it's working Thomas,

Michael – can you paste your code in here so I can take a look. 

Roger Marsh
    Participant

Hi – is there any way of opening a particular accordian from another page? You can do it with tabs, by using <A href="[your page url]/#tabs-3"> for example. I wondered if there was a variation of the code used to open the drop panel from a menu (the fantastic droppaneltrigger class!)

Rog 

Michael
    Participant

({header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true,active: false})

This is the code I copied and pasted for the dynamix.min.js file.

Michael

P.S. if you need more code, please let me know.

vSkiper
    Participant

I have also no succes with the code below. Would anybody share the whole edited "dynamix.min.js" file?

Thanks,

Alex

$(window).load(function(){$(".accordion").accordion({header:"h3.accordionhead", autoHeight: false,collapsible: true,active: false});});

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

This is the full code. It should work fine. 

$(".accordion").accordion({ header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true, active: false });

Michael
    Participant

As much as I want it to, that code does not work for me 🙁

VSkiper are you still having the same problem as me?

Roger Marsh
    Participant

If anyone's reading this and is interested in my queston above (how to jump to particular accordion tabs from another page), I think I've solved it – view this topic for a slghtly gabled explanation how to do it: – http://help.themeva.com/groups/dynamix-support/forum/topic/opening-accordions-remotely/#post-1119

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    I have no idea why that's not working for you guys… can someone make the change as I've suggested and if it doesn't work post the link so I can see what's going. 

Greg
    Participant

Hi There,

I tried to do the same thing by putting the below code in but it did nothing?

jQuery$(".accordion").accordion({ header: "h3.accordionhead",autoHeight: false,collapsible: true, active: false });

do you know what i am doing wrong?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, 

Where you have jQuery$ it should only be jQuery(…. 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.