Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Changes not taking effect

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    In two different cases now, I’ve made changes via the Theme: Customization option that don’t seem to take effect. The first is under Body: Content Frame, which I want disabled. The frame disappears in the preview view on the customization page but still is visible on the actual site.

    The second area is with the fonts – I’ve followed the instructions to add a Google font and it appears in the list of choices on the font settings area, but the font doesn’t appear on the site when I choose it.

    The site is http://lcm.wpengine.com.

    Thanks…


    Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    Update: I figured out how to get the frame to disappear (disable on home page) but have not yet gotten the fonts to work.

    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

    You’ve currently got Ubuntu set for Heading Fonts and Helvetica for normal, what was the font you’re trying to use and what have you entered into the Appearance > Theme Options > General > Google Font?


    Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    Hi Andy…

    I have Cinzel entered as Custom Google Font One (Cinzel:400,700,900 URL name, Cinzel CSS Name to be exact), which is what I want for the headings font.

    Under Theme: Customization: Font Settings, I have Helvetica Neue for the font family, Cinzel for the headings font family, and Helvetica Neue for the menu font family. The Helvetica Neue seems to be working but not the Cinzel, though the Cinzel shows in the preview pane. It just doesn’t take effect on the actual site.

    The same was true with the content frames. I disabled them as the default through Theme: Customization but it doesn’t take effect unless I set it manually on each and every page I want no frames on.

    Thanks for your response…


    Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    I would love to get the built in customization/theme settings working the way they are intended, but my more immediate priority is getting the font changed, so if there is an alternate way to do that, please let me know. I’ve searched on my own for the file that actually controls the fonts (as it’s clear the style.css is overridden somewhere) but haven’t figured it out yet.


    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi Kristin,

    It sounds like you haven’t put the Google Fonts in correctly, are you putting the name and URL in the same as stated on the documentation here?

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    I have done exactly as shown in the directions and checked several times.

    I really don’t think that’s the problem because NO font changes take effect using the Customization panel, including the ones that are built in with the install. They DO show in the preview pane, including the Google font I’m trying to install, but they do NOT show up on the actual site. And as I mentioned before, the changes to the content frame do not seem to take effect as well – the change occurs only in the preview pane, not on the actual site.


    Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

    Hi Kristin,

    I have just tested the font in question on the development site and it works perfectly.

    If you are following the documentation correctly you should have the same settings as below.

    When editing in the live view, please make sure you have chosen a default skin and make sure you are editing your skin you have set as the default or else the skin will not save.

    Hope this helps.

    Kind regards,
    Tom


    Kristin Rutten
    Participant

    A-ha… it was the default skin mismatch that was the problem. Thanks so much 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.