Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Changing default list item behaviour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Dave Clack
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to change the default list item behaviour so that bullets (with a normal li tag) are displayed. From other posts I can see that bullets in content pages are off by default.

(I’m doing this so I can use the clean, plain html with minimal extra tags outside of WordPress (to make a pdf document and as input to a help file).

Any idea what the CSS change I’d need to make to turn on bullets by default in conent pages and posts ?

I’ve played with

#content .entry

but couldn’t get anything to work

Thanks ! (I hope!)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Edit DynamiX/style.css and edit the following line:

#content ul li {margin:0;padding:2px;list-style-image:none;list-style:none;}

to

#content ul li {margin:0;padding:2px;list-style-image:none;}

Dave Clack
    Participant

you are a star (thanks for such a quick answer!) – I’ll give that a go

Dave Clack
    Participant

Very odd – changing that line in the dynamix css certainly had an effect on the html – i could see the tags weren’t set in chrome’s developer tool, but still no bullets in the content.

Dave Clack
    Participant

perhaps as a workaround, can I add a 

tag to the top and bottom of every page or post, then this style will apply to everything on the page ?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

If you want arrows default, try this instead (return the original code I gave).

#content .entry ul li {background:url(images/list-icons-blue.png) -120px 1px scroll no-repeat;padding-left:25px;}

If that doesn’t work, try adding the !Important rule e.g.

#content .entry ul li {background:url(images/list-icons-blue.png) -120px 1px scroll no-repeat;padding-left:25px !important;}

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.