Home / Forums / ePix Support / Changing or removing auto generated link on portfolio image

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Makiko
    Participant

Hi
    Using ePix for the first time. Everything is working great!
    Running into a wall with one thing.
    I have uploaded items into Portfolio and am using them as a slider in Stage format here: http://gregory.wpengine.com/bronze-gallery/

Click in and go on one of the Portfolio pages like this one: http://gregory.wpengine.com/portfolio/talk-to-me/
    I have used the Media/Gallery image uploader for the main image. On the main image of the portfolio page, there is a auto generated link on the image which I assume is currently defaulting to # because the link doesn’t go anywhere. Ideally I would like to have the image expand in a lightbox. Alternatively just turn that auto generated link off completely.

Can you direct me on how to do this?
    Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Makiko,

When you upload an image via the Media/Gallery uploader and insert it into a post, it puts a link on the image by default. This is a WordPress function. If you click and edit the image, you can select the URL to be NONE. This will take the link off of the image.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Makiko
    Participant

Hi Tom
    Thanks for the suggestion. I re-loaded all the images, making sure to select “None” for the link. But I am still getting the chain link icon on the portfolio page of each art piece. Any other suggestions? Can I suppress or hide that link?

Thanks
    makiko

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Makiko,

Thank you for this, I have let Andy (theme creator) know about this. It will be updated in the next version.

For now, please add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

.portfolio i.fa.fa-link.fa-lg {
    display: none !important;
    }

Kind regards,
    Tom

Makiko
    Participant

Hello again.
    Thanks for the CSS fix. I think it would be ideal if the image could be clicked to open a lightbox.
    I really appreciate the prompt response. The theme is fabulous and worked perfectly for my application.

Thanks!
    M

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us. I will suggest this to Andy.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.