Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Changing size of gradient backgrounds in menu navigation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Aaron
    Participant

I want to change the size of the background gradient image.  It's currently gradient-f.png and gradient-f-light.png.  They go right up to the top of the header, about 90px.  I only want them to be the height of the vertical seperator lines to either side of the menu item, approximately 45px.  I do not want them going to to the top of the header like they do as a default.

How do I change this?  For now I've just commented out the lines in the stylesheets.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

You would need to change the size of the image to smaller and then position it so it's at the bottom. See if that works. 

Chris Kapelski
    Participant

I am trying to do the same thing.  However, when I commented out the lines with the gradient image as a temp solution….. it still showed up!  Was this ever resolved?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Try addding !important after the setting e.g. 

#tabs ul li.current_page_item, #tabs ul li:hover {background:none !important;}

Chris Kapelski
    Participant

That worked!  What is the meaning behind the !important?

Jeremy
    Participant

Era Mikkola
    Participant

hi guys.. Go into stylesheets/images for tweaking right stuff.. I nearly went crazy because of “nothing happened” while I was making changes to nav for my custom stuff unless I really found that I was tweaking wrong stuff.. cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.