Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Changing Skins

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • kristinanewyork
    Participant

Hi I need to change the color of the header (not the logo, but the background of the header). The color I am looking for is light/medium grey, but when I pick “lightgrey” it comes out white. I have a logo that is black font and medium toquise logo and it doesn’t show up on dark grey. How can I modify the color beyond your chosen colors which don’t give me much choice.
    Thanks,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you navigate to Appearance > Customize > Choose a skin > Header > Background color. Then you can select your own color from the color picker. This way you can get the exactly the color you wish.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Great, that worked. Thank you, Tom. Is there a way to make header thiner, not so prominent?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

It sounds like you need to change the font-weight of the text. This can be done using CSS but this is not a standard theme option. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

The CSS you need is font-weight.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

I am uploading my own logo. I want to make the header (not the logo) thiner. The header take up too much valuable space on my landing page and is not modern in any way.
    Thanks,

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

So you want to change the height of the dark header background? The part with the navigation and logo within it?

If so, go to Appearance > Customize > Menu / Branding Alignment > Then play with the 3 sliders to get the perfect height.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

kristinanewyork
    Participant

Yeah, those are cool sliders. However, even when I have the min header size at 0, the header is still 2 in thick. There is alway at least 1 in below the menu no matter what you do. How can I control the bottom margin?
    thanks,
    Kristina

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kristina,

You have to have a header size or else the navigation and logo will not appear. If you want to make it look like there is no header, you can change the background color to match the sites background color if that makes sense?

The bottom margin of the header? This is set within the theme in the core code as normally users do not want to change this. You will need to use custom CSS to change this. If you are still in the customization forum I can do this for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Keith
    Participant

what code to change? All your demo-content pages for sliders have headers at 300px thickness regardless of settings in “Appearance > Customize > Menu / Branding Alignment >”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.