Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Changing where “Read More” links to…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Anthony Mazzotti
    Participant

Hi,

I have to say once again that THIS IS THE BEST THEME IN WORDPRESS HISTORY! I'm not a coder and have very little experience in HTML/CSS, etc (just enough to be dangerous) – but I look like a genius with all these short codes, and short codes within shortcodes!  Your videos on YouTube ROCK – and I was able to set up the home page just like your demo in half an hour!!!

So – the question I have is probably one of the easiest ones you'll ever get – but like I said I'm new to all of this.  I set up the home page exactly as you instruct on your video, but the slider at the bottom (which shows three columns from three different posts at a time) links to those posts which they represent – how do I get those "read more" links to go to specific pages instead of posts?  

Thanks!

Tony

The Potirons
    Participant

I'm not Andy but i suggest you to disable "read more link" in your page option

then create your own link at the end of the post using link text option.

Like this

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Thanks Tony, I'm glad you think so 🙂

Within Posts -> Additional Settings you can specify an alternative URL. Just add the URL of the page you want to direct to. I hope that helps?

Anthony Mazzotti
    Participant

Thanks to both of you!  I see the support behind this theme is as good as the theme itself!!!

Andy – have you developed other themes with this same (or similar) backend?

Cheers,

Tony

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

No problem Tony,

I've not developed any others for public release – but I am working on a new one which is very near complete. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.