Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Chrome & Safari : Fonts not displaying properly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi,

We’re constantly running with this issue that the fonts are not properly displayed to both Chrome and Safari and this is not happening with IE and FF and other browsers. We already tried different type of fonts as of now and still it’s on going. Currently now we’re using Lato font. Please let us know if there’s something that can be done about this.

Kind Regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

Please provide a URL to your site so I can take a further look into this and test it out on our computers.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Here’s the link to our site : http://iuiq.com.au/home-2/

Please pay attention on how the font are being displayed to Chrome and Safari compared to other browsers. On Chrome and Safari it looks like its pixilated and the fonts are distorted not displaying a clear outline on every letters.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I am viewing the site on my computers and it looks fine to us?

Please see the screenshot below. Left is Chrome, right is Safari.

I recommend making your font size larger if you are still having issues as this may be the issue. Is your browser zoomed out too?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

We’ve come across to a fix with Chrome:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6fnja6auxb1rdo/Chrome.PNG

If you’ll be able to view that image, it’ll show you something like a set up for Chrome where in we simply need to activate then the fonts are not displaying properly after.

If you’re not able to view the screen shot her’s what it has..

By typing in chrome://flags/#enable-direct-write in the URL it will brought you to a page and like a setting in chrome and the highlighted function/feature would be “Enable DirectWrite” now we simply need to click Enable to activate it then a quick relaunch, after which would eventually solve the issue with Chrome.

Now will you guys consider this as a fix? Cause what we have is an updated version of Chrome which is on a default set up, no settings touch and what it’ll show us are those pixilated fonts. Now we’re worried that if this happens to us, most of our member may come across to viewing it in chrome in that way.

And also can you tell us what version of Safari are you using on the screenshot that you showed us?

Regards,
    Adam

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,

I am using the latest version of Safari, 7.0.4 on a Mac and this issue does not happen.

We have done some research into this and found that it is a bug with Chrome on PC, http://www.dev-metal.com/fix-ugly-font-rendering-google-chrome/

It does say however that Chrome have fixed this in their latest update (Chrome 37) which is out soon according to the article.

As we have discovered, the theme has no control over this, it is all on Chrome. Funny that a Google owned browser cannot display Google fonts correctly!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Adam La Vars
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We have done some research and yes it’s going back to Chrome issue. So we think this is for now with regards with this. Thanks for the Help!

Kind Regards,
    Adam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.