Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Clean install gives lots of errors?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Aaron Thorne
    Participant

Hi,

Just installed a fresh copy of WordPress 3.5.1, Buddypress 1.6.4. Uploaded the freshly zipped dynamic folder. Activated the Theme. And then I get a webpage full of errors, listed below and a lot more!

I have replaced part of the directory structure below (for security reasons)

I also installed the demo data to see if that fixed it, but no effect either!

The site is cyberdex.co.uk

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘movieurl’ in /homepages/6/XXXXX/htdocs/cyberDex/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/index.php on line 123

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘previewimgurl’ in /homepages/6/XXXXX/htdocs/cyberDex/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/index.php on line 124

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘stagegallery’ in /homepages/6/XXXXX/htdocs/cyberDex/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/index.php on line 125

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘disablegallink’ in /homepages/6/XXXXX/htdocs/cyberDex/wp-content/themes/DynamiX/index.php on line 126

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you’re using PHP 5.4 which displays these errors by default. I’m currently addressing these errors with a new update. For the time being, you can disable error_reporting on your server or via WordPress.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Configure_Error_Logging

Aaron Thorne
    Participant

I have set the php version to 5.2. Now the page displays OK.

And there’s always a but; none of the links work on the menu. Any ideas?

And is there an eta on the fix for above?

Aaron

Aaron Thorne
    Participant

I have had to go back to php5.4. As I cannot get permalnks to work at all. Which breaks BuddyPress 🙁

I have followed the instructions (in your link). Most of the web site works without error, apart from anything like slides style boxes. They error and don’t work 🙁

I can’t seem to copy/paste the error here or anywhere!

Aaron

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

How’re you getting on with this – I’ve taken a look at your site and I don’t see the errors?

Robs
    Participant

Hello Aaron,

Just wondering wether you are experiencing the same problem as me:

I have a fresh WP installation (3.5.1), and when I activate BuddyPress (1.6.4), the site seems to work, and I can access BuddyPress’ pages, but I am unable to access wp-admin. Does this happen to you? Are you using any other plugins? When I disable BP, then I can access the admin pages.

Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,
    That sounds like a completely different issue – it maybe worth checking that BP is fully installed by re-uploading it. I’ve not come across that issue before.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.