Home / Forums / ePix Support / Columns not displaying on updated Visual Composer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Erin Wolczik
    Participant

Hello,

I updated my Visual Composer and the columns are no longer working. I contacted VC but this was the response I received:

“The issue is because theme author has modified our default column classes using: https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/display/VC/Change+CSS+Class+Names+in+Output
    Due to this it breaks upon the update. You can get in touch with him and get rid of the above code to get it back.”

Please let me know how to remove the code so my site will work properly again.

Thanks

Hi Erin,

Can you please elaborate on the issue and your site’s URL and login credentials to us so we can check?

Thanks!

Erin Wolczik
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Erin,

As I checked, you are actually using a really outdated version of the theme, version 1.3.2.

Please update the theme ASAP to version 2.3 as this contains bugfixes.

Regards,

Erin Wolczik
    Participant

Seems like a basic question, but how can I update it? I have the Envato WordPress Toolkit which I thought provided me with updated themes. If I try to upload the zip file from themeforest I cannot write over my old theme as “the destination folder already exists”.

Hi Erin,

If you have the zip file from Themeforest, you can update the theme via FTP. You can unzip it from your computer then upload the folder to overwrite the existing Epix folder. Please make sure you have a backup of the theme before making any changes just so you can easily restore it if aynthing goes wrong.

The Envato Toolkit should have helped with the update, so you can try to coordinate with TF’s support team to look into the issue.

Thanks!

Erin Wolczik
    Participant

Great, thank you, all set. The update fixed the column issue with the Visual Composer.

You’re welcome.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.