Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Great job on this theme! One thing I’ve noticed, can you take a look at your code for the comments section?

I’m finding that they do not show as expected. If a new one is added, it randomly gets associated with the wrong post (instead of being added to the post the visitor enters it on and that it is intended for).

Past comment totals are correct for the posts but show as threads on the wrong posts.

What happens is that when visitors now submit a comment following the installation of You theme, they are then taken to a different post (which ultimately ends up being the one I find the comment gets added to). A different post from the one they are taken to is where the previous comment thread for that original post are now located.

Why all the mixup?

It’s not an issue with comments being turned on or off from what I can tell, as they do show–just not on the pages they’re supposed to which is why at first I was looking to see if I had them turned off. I don’t have any comment-related plugins installed from what I can tell either. I saw in the change logs that you had to resolve an issue related to comments a few months back. Hopefully that gives you some clues? Good luck. Let me know if you’re able to resolve the issue and tell me what pages I need to update inside the theme once you make the change in code.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Also: what’s the logic of the post navigation area? Beneath each post there are 4 related post option buttons that a user can click on and then under those 4 boxes are two more plain text hyperlinked post titles–one on each side. Are they supposed to be in order as though you’re navigating/browsing through the posts chronologically? If so, they are not. I can’t figure out why it randomly picks what it shows for those two hyperlinks with <– and –> directional arrows (which would make me consider them to be the equivalent to displaying the next/previous post etc. If the random nature is by design, that’s fine…just wondering if that’s also part of that issue I mentioned above.

Hi @stvp2000

I personally tested both issues you raised and I do see the issue happening from our test site.

I have forwarded this to Andy to doublecheck further.

We will get back to you once we have an update on this.

Regards,

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I see where the issue is coming into play, too….

Under “reading” in WP settings for the blog there is a fatal error being shown in the content sharing area. I don’t know where you are on resolving this issue, but hopefully this info is helpful.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_blog_option() in …./wp-content/plugins/blog-topics/cets_blogtopics.php on line 1002

Turning that plugin off allows me to save changes to that section for things like adjusting the number of posts displaying on my initial blog page but it does not change the issue of the comments not displaying where they should.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Thanks for the follow-up, @stvp2000

The developer is still looking into the issue you reported and I have asked an update from him.

I will get back to you once I have more information on this.

Regards,

Imagina MÁS
    Participant

I have the same issue with the comments 🙁 is there any update on this?

Hi @stvp2000 and @imaginamas

To fix this, you will need to edit you/functions-core.php and search for acoda_post_footer() and remove just the following line:

global $post;

This fix will be released on the next update.

Thanks!

Imagina MÁS
    Participant

Thanks for your support. I did as you mentioned but still the same problem… the comments are shown on different posts. 2 people wrote 2 comments today on this post: http://www.imaginamas.org/inicio/en-mi-virus-mando-yo/ but they appear on this one: http://www.imaginamas.org/inicio/ruben-descolonizar-puerto-rico-reivindicar-placer-vih-dos-caras-una-misma-lucha/ I checked on the wordpress control panel and somehow they have been to different posts. Does this mean this solution does not resolve the issue with previous comments and only the comments that will be written after this change?

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Awesome! This seems to have worked for me (@imaginamas make sure you are following the directions and not just searching for the code but the line they instructed to because there are several instances of that same piece of code in functions-core.php).

Imagina MÁS
    Participant

@steve sure i did:

function acoda_post_footer()
    {

echo ‘<footer>’;
    echo ‘<section class=”large-12 columns”>’;

but somehow, all the comments done since I installed you theme have been set to different posts 🙁

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Ahh…I see what you’re saying. I don’t have any new ones like that to test against. So essentially the relationship follows the error once that update was published.

Imagina MÁS
    Participant

hehe lucky you!! let’s see if there is any way to solve the issue I still have, but I think it would be impossible because I can figure out any way to link the comments to different posts…

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Yeah! So essentially, the old ones are correctly tied to their posts and return to those areas with the fix but any new ones that arrived post theme change to You got incorrectly assigned to different posts than the ones they were intended for and written on because that line of code automatically moved them once the user hit the submit button. Now your trouble is figuring out where they actually belong.

Hi @imaginamas

Can you please send over your site’s WP credentials so we can check this as well? Also send your FTP login credentials so I can forward it to the developer.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.