Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Compatibility Standards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

Hello,

I’m checking a bit how “compatible” is the template with the standards and these things, specially for SEO, but there’s a few things that I have noticed that I don’t quite understand, please if you can clarify me:

1) If you disable javascripts, contents doesn’t appears: Try to disable javascript from the Web Developer Tools plugin for firefox/chrome and you will notice that the homepage has big pieces in blank, the contents doesn’t appears, looks like this is due by the css “appear” effect and since tehre’s no javascript, its maintained as “dissapears” (never appears), this is what I assume but i have not readed the source code, im correct? It is possible to have it working when no javascript is used? Btw we have added in the past a patch that if the user has no javascript, it shows a warning suggesting him to enable it, maybe you are interested on include my patch?

2) If you open the homepage demo from “lynx” commandline-browser, you get an error about 406 unnaccepted html or something like this, please make a look

3) I’m specially worried about the SEO impact, so I have used a crawler-simulator bot and I’m not sure if things are indexing correctly because there looks like to have a lot of trashy code, like jquery one, please make a look, since to be correctly-SEO is maybe the most important thing to any website: http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/se-bot-simulator.html?op=se-bot-simulator&go=1&pageurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdynamix.themeva.com%2F&se=googlebot&submit=Start

Thank you

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I am not sure why you would want to disable Javascript? Everything uses Javascript these days, there are so few devices that don’t use Javascript.

2. Unfortunately no support has been created for this browser as it is not a commonly used browser.

3. There is speculation across the internet whether or not Google reads Javascript, in my experience, it ignores it, unless it is a Javascript link linking to another page for example. Other spider simulators on the internet do not show the JS code. I really don’t think it is anything to worry about.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Thanatermesis
    Participant

1. Because crawlers don’t read javascript, just because of that. Also there’s a lot of enterprises which has javascript disabled by default

2. This browser is the common and traditional “google chrome”, I was saying it specifically to tell you the exact version

3. Well, I’m worried about if the contents can be read or not by crawlers, a template without basic html standards is simply unnaceptable, its like having a mobile phone without screen, or a car without motor, if javascript is disabled and the contents looks “not so nice” this is ok, but to not have contents is totally unnacceptable.

I hope you are not saying that SEO is not important

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

What do you think is actually missing from the page when javascript is disabled? Please provide a link and screenshot so we can get a better understanding.

If you don’t want the contact form or revolution slider you don’t need it. Therefore the Javascript won’t be shown.

The contact form loads first as it is in the drop panel. If you don’t put it there on your site it won’t be seen first.

The second bit of script is the Revolution slider plugin.

I am still not sure what Lynx is. Please can you post a link to it directly so we can be on the same page?

The trusted spider simulator that I use is http://www.feedthebot.com/tools/spider/test.php. It doesn’t display the Javascript in the header.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.