Home / Forums / ePix Support / Confused about updates, slideset manger drag window gone

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Erin Calderon
    Participant

I have epix Full Photography WP Theme and updated WP to 3.9.1 however my slideset manager drag and drop window is gone. I read in an earlier feed how to solve it by updating my theme. In WP it says the following themes have updates, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen, and twenty fourteen. Are these related to my epix theme? It seems they are their own theme. So looking up my theme I see the author has made updates, how do I get this theme’s update? http://www.brokenbitphotographyandart.com
    Thanks

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

As mentioned in your other post, the latest version of ePix currently is 1.1.3. For more information on updating the theme, please see the documentation here.

You are currently using 1.0.7 so I recommend updating as this will solve your issue.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Erin Calderon
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

As long as you have not editied the core files of the theme, updating will be fine. If you have added custom CSS via the CSS field under Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS then this will also be fine.

A new update has been released for ePix which contains the latest version of Visual Composer too.

For more information on updating the theme, please see here.

Once updated, you can update VC by go to Plugins > Deactivate VC > Delete it > Appearance, Install Plugins, click install Visual Composer > You should now have the latest version.

Then reset your browser cache and websites cache (if you have a cache plugin installed).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

If you are entered the correct Username and API key into the Envato plugin, all the themes purchased from that account should show below.

You will not be able to update the theme via the WP admin as ePix is too large and powerful to be uploaded via the standard WP upload. You can FTP the site to update it also.

If you are still having issues, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you. If the Envato plugin is not working still, please provide your FTP details and I will update the theme for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Also how can I block right click options for my images so they can’t be copied or saved?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Erin,

Sounds like you have done everything correctly. You just need to reset your browser cache as it may still be showing an older version on your computer. I logged in and the slide set manager was fine.

You can add a 3rd party plugin that can disable the right click but there are still ways around to steal images online so you are never 100% protected. This one may help?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Erin Calderon
    Participant

I’m sorry, what is a browser cache and where do I find it?

Thanks,
    Erin

Erin Calderon
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Thats great, thank you for coming back to us.

If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.