Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Contact Form does not work

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • David
    Participant

Hi,

I built this site on a development server and migrated it over to the production server and now my Contact Form does not work.
    Nothing happens when I click the submit button.

Here is the production site URL.

http://ground.watertank.com/contact-us/

Any ideas why it will not work would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I recommend checking your settings for the form again. It looks like your send to email address has the @ sign replaced with a # for some reason.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David
    Participant

I looked in Settings > General and E-Mail Address and it shows my default address using an @ sign. Is there another place I’m not looking?

Thanks,

David

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Have you tried removing the form and adding a new one to see if that works? If not, please can you provide your login details so I can take a further look into this please?

Kind regards,
    Tom

David
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Are you on a Window server or Linux?

I recommend using a plugin like contact form 7 for the time being.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David
    Participant

Hi Tom,

It was built on a Linux server and migrated to a Windows server. Contact Form 7 won’t work either. And when I upload an image it creates a thumbnail in the Media Library, but I have to “Edit” and “Save” the image before it will show up in a Slide Set Manager.

I’m happy to join the Premium Customization Forum to get this resolved. The site went live yesterday and the forms have to be working soon.

Thanks,

David

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Honestly, you would have been better sticking with the Linux as it is far superior to a Windows server.

Check you have PHP Mail installed on your server. That should be why Contact Form 7 and the standard form aren’t working if not.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I agree, but the Windows server was all that the client had. I never thought it would break my forms though. They are working on putting PHP Mail on IIS. I hope it resolves the problem. I’ll let you know.

In addition, I have to build an Employment Application Form that is quite lengthy with multiple columns. Can you recommend a “tried and true” plugin that works with Dynamix?

Thanks,

David

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Ok thats great, once PHP Mail is on the server, things should work as normal.

For forms, I recommend Contact Form 7 always.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

David
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi David,

1. You will need PHP Mail on your server to send any mail from your site, it is not to do with DynamiX as any form you have on your site will not work without PHP Mail.

I found this that may help you out. “you only need to edit php.ini and not your code. Under Windows PHP uses the setting SMTP = ‘smtpserver’ and let’s the mail()-function send mail to that server.” – Quote from another site, they linked to this.

2. As this issue is server related, updating WordPress and DynamiX will not make a difference. I recommend asking your hosting company to complete this for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.