Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Contact Form in Drop Panel still leads to 404 Error…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Royal
    Participant

Hello Andy,

I am still having a problem with the contact form nested in the droppanel, bringing the visitor to a 404 error page after they have submitted the contact request.  Can not figure this out.  I am actually getting two emails from the site for each contact request submitted.  Anybody have an idea about this?  I am using the code directly from the Help manual:

([)enquiry_form id="footercontact" emailto="myemail@myemailaddress.com" thankyou="We will be in touch soon. Thank you."/(]) (minus the parentheses of course)…

I don't know what to do with it as of now.  Also, bummed out because I am already getting spam from the contact form.  And since it sends two at a time, its getting kind of lame.  Anyone using a contact for with their DynamiX theme that requires a captcha of any sort that is working well for them???

Thanks and take care…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Royal,

You can use the contact form 7 plugin, I've add CSS so it integrates well into DynamiX. I've not come across the issue you're having – what is your permalink structure?

Royal
    Participant

/%postname%/   – I can try Contact 7…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I'd still like to know why your setup causes this error, I've not seen it before. What plugins do you have switched on currently?

Royal
    Participant

Hi Andy,

As of now, I just stopped using that shortcode and install the Fast Secure Contact Form plugin.  It is working fine so far and adds the captcha to it.  At the time when I first set up this theme, I didn't have any plugins running.  I did a fresh install for this theme.  So no plugins were active when I was trying to add the contact form using the shortcode…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Strange, it must be a server config which is causing the issue – I can't reproduce the issue on any of my servers. I'm going to re-visit the contact form with a captcha. 

Royal
    Participant

That would be great and I'm sure much appreciated by your other theme users.  The contact form plugin I am using now doesn't (as far as I can tell) arrange for shaping of the form so it's kind of long (or tall) within the drop panel.  Also, is there a short code for adding a mailing list?

Thanks and take care…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.