Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Content no longer display beneath Tabs in Visual Composer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • Lynn Foley
    Participant

Hi,

First off, thanks for your help earlier today. I managed to update the theme and VC and our developer told me about Envato.

Now that the theme & VC are up to date, the tabs now show – but the content within the tabs does not.
    http://www.healingfromthecore.com/products http://www.healingfromthecore.com/resources

Products Page: Under each tab here should be a Grid Gallery. I checked the settings and they look correct – each grid has its own name, each is assigned its own portfolio category, each has nothing set for row height etc. None display.

Resources page: Here, only the first tab has a Grid Gallery to a Portfolio category. The other tabs are just plain ol’ HTML content – text, links, images. None of it displays.

I haven’t turned off/on all my plugins (would “Mailpoet” really affect VC?) but I do find it notable this chain of events, which suggests a plugin is not the cause:
    1. Suddenly noticed tabs were missing (content under the first tab still appeared on both pages – possibly all tabbed content, I didn’t scroll down)
    2. Updated DynamiX and VC
    3. Immediately after the update, Tabs reappear but content disappears

Before the update, people could at least view and purchase some products (those under the first tab) but now people can’t view, let alone buy, anything. Your assistance here is greatly appreciated as we’re losing sales. Thank you!

Warmly,
    Christy (Lynn’s colleague)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christy,

It’s strange they’re not showing. Can you provide your WP login details please and I’ll take a look for you.

It maybe worth posting your FTP details too, I may have to change a file on the server to make it work and I’ll include it in the next update.

Lynn Foley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m currently having great difficulty loading the site ( it maybe the internet connection I’m currently using ). One thing to try first is to disable all other plugins, apart from the Visual Composer to see if that has an affect. Also, please try switching to the core theme to see if that resolves it too.

I’ll try again in the morning to access the site.

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks, I will do all of that today. I also notice that sometimes it’s very hard to log in, and then at other times it’s quick as a whip. If I can do anything to affect that as well between now and tomorrow I will!

~Christy

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Good evening!

I just spent a couple hours deactivating plug-ins one-by-one and force-refreshing pages in multiple browsers. I only turned off one at a time. I also updated every active plug-in, including revolution slider (which I don’t think we’re using atm). No effect that I saw on the rest of the site *fingers crossed* and no change to the issue stated above. (www.healingfromthecore.com/products or /resources)
    Note: I did not deactive plug-ins by Time.ly or Mailpoet although I did update Mailpoet. These are site critical and have nothing to do with the pages that are not working properly.

I also switched to the parent theme. No change to the issue, just to the site’s rendering, particularly in IE. Switched back again. (I did delete the cache up front to make sure I would see site changes immediately.)

I also have had no issues with the site being slow this evening. I am off and out of the office on Wednesday; I hope you will find it just as speedy. Thank you for all your help in resolving this!

Warmly,
    Christy
    PS. Lynn will be available on Wednesday to answer questions while I am out. Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Christy,

Unfortunately the FTP didn’t work. It doesn’t retrieve a directory. Can you check the details and I’ll try again.

Also, please try updating to DynamiX 4.3.1 to see if that has resolved the tabs issue ( it also includes the latest version of Visual Composer ).

Thanks

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Good morning!

I had to wait until last night to update the theme (Again – of course a new one would be released literally minutes after I updated! lol) I also updated Visual Composer again. I also deactivated plug-ins and deleted several of them that we are no longer using. I continued to check everything I could think of with no result.

The site looks exactly the same as it did on Monday — beautiful, except the content in the grid galleries won’t load within Tabs on the /products and /resources pages. I’ve had a couple people take a look and the formatting looks correct, we’ve no idea why it’s not working. I deactivated Mailpoet, Mailmunch etc. and did some hard refreshes with no change.

I’ll repost the login info in the next post. Thank you for your help!
    ~Christy

Lynn Foley
    Participant

Lynn Foley
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

FTP is working now. I’ll investigate this for you and come back with a solution.

Thomas Edgell
    Participant

I am having the same issue…

plus the server host says that 1 request is creating multiple connections. Not sure if it is related. Just an FYI

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Lynn,

Again, for some reason I can’t access your site. I managed to get on there briefly on Friday, I’ve tested on a number of servers now and I can’t replicate this issue. It’s either due to a plugin on your site or a customization.

I tried re-creating the Tabs and this displayed the same results. I’ll keep checking to see if I can login and test further.

Lynn Foley
    Participant

I am flummoxed, as I couldn’t get into the site either all weekend, and I can’t now. By chance did you leave anything changed after testing? I’m going to do what I can to get the login issue addressed asap.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s due to ThemeForest having issues. See here: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/envato-api-problem/184308

On page two they confirm they’re aware of the issue and working to fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.