Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Content scrolling behind menu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Benji Zimmerman
    Participant

Currently my website loads properly and looks like I set-it up in the 3.1, but when you go to scroll down the page, it scrolls the content behind the menu. How do I fix this? http://www.joulebirth.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter
    Participant

I have the same behaviour.

Joe
    Participant

I think that’s the “Sticky Menu” feature, accessed in the Appearance/Theme Options/Header section. If that’s on, click it off and it should stop.
    I kind of like the feature, but would like to see the header reduced to just the menu height. It’s a little too obtrusive when it’s so tall.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

As Joe stated, to turn the sticky menu off, goto Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Extras > Sticky Menu > Off. Thanks Joe!

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

I noticed a strange behaviour. Maybe it is the intended but for me it seems strange.
    When I put sticky menu on and scrolling a bit around the menu sticks directly under the top of the browser window (latest chrome) without any space between. After a while – e.g. When I change the page the menu changes its position and suddenly there is a space between the menu and the top of the browser window of about 50px. And then the described scrolling of the content behind the menu happens.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

The only time it will show a gap is when you’re logged in, it creates a space when the admin bar is enabled.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Andy,
    Is it possible to make it so that the sticky menu is only menu height?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I’m not sure I follow what you mean?

Joe
    Participant

I’m sorry, that wasn’t very clear.
    I have it turned on at allaboutchile.com right now. The logo shrinks down wonderfully and the menu moves to the top nicely. But the watermark(?) is still the same height as the original header. Is there a way to make it so that this shrinks as well, to only show the menu and logo? About a half-inch tall?
    BTW, it cuts the top off a little in Chromium – http://clip2net.com/s/5yoAvV
    Thanks

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

I see what you mean, okay.

Edit DynamiX/style.css

Locate this line:

.header-wrap.stuck #header {margin-bottom:0;min-height:0;}

change to

.header-wrap.stuck #header {margin-bottom:0;min-height:0 !important;}

and change:

.logged-in .header-wrap.stuck {margin-top:28px;}

to:

body.admin-bar .header-wrap.stuck {margin-top:28px;}

Joe
    Participant

Worked great. Thanks Andy!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Great, I’m glad that’s sorted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.