Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / CRAP! Updated to 2.8.8 and page loads to the BOTTOM!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I had this issue before when I tried to update where my site loads to the bottom of the page regardless of the page and my accordions are all closed now versus having one or two open while the others are closed.

http://InTheMixMarketing.com

Thank you for any assistance Andy!

Cheers,

Jeremy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

The install looks a bit confusing – does it currently have 2.8.8 installed? It doesn't look like that it because it's loading files into the header which have changed in the latest version. 

Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I completely uploaded the new files and overwrote all my existing files. The only thing I know that would change in the header is where I changed the code to remove the search function and add a telephone number.

I will completely upload your new files without overwriting the existing since I'm using the child theme and see what happens.

Do you think that will do it?

Thank you

Jeremy

(You get my small donation?)

Jeremy
    Participant

Ok Andy… I have uploaded the new files without overwriting the old ones. I'm still loading to the bottom.

Any ideas?

J

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It looks unstyled at the moment.

Can you try adding just the standard theme with standard names to see if that works? 

Jeremy
    Participant

Not really sure what "unstyled" means and it almost sounds insulting. 🙂

So I loaded the nomral 2.8.8 and left it default…  Same thing

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy, sorry I meant it was missing the stylesheet. It seems fine now. 

I can't remember how we fixed this last time – is it plugin related? Try de-activating them – if we can single out which one is affecting then may job my memory. 

Jeremy
    Participant

Andy,

My site still loads to the bottom of the page. I have disabled all plugins to make sure it wasn't a conflict. It only happens on any version other than 2.8.5

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

It seems to be related to accordions. Try this edit DynamiX/lib/inc/shortcodes.php and search for 

if($code=="accordion") { ?>

Below this line you'll find 

$(document).ready(function() {

and change to 

$(document).load(function() {

See what happens then. 

Jeremy
    Participant

that allows my site to load at the top like normal but now all my accordions are open and you can't close them. Defeats teh purpose 🙂

Now what?

Thank you

Jeremy

When I first started toying with this theme, I found an old fix that was posted her for the accordions which had me do something so a .js file. If I remember correctly, I had to decode the .js, add/change some stuff and then ecode it again. Could this be the reason? I don't remember which .js file it was though

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

That was before I inserted the javascript into shortcodes.php and I'm sure that's what we did with regards to changing the way it loads. 

I notice you're using singular accordions, what about using reveals instead?

Jeremy
    Participant

Andy, not really what "reveals" means… will jump in play around.

Far from a web guru.. just know how to get in there and click stuff until I get the desired results 🙂

Jeremy
    Participant

Ok.. so I figured out what the reveal is and wasn't the whole point of doing accordions was to do the very same thing?

Why not keep the accordion style with a plus + so people know to click on it? I have a ton of content and mostly for search engines, I like the abilitely to hide content until a visitor decides to click.

Before, when someone hit my site, the first accordion would be open while the others closed, to me, this let the visitor know there is more content in those little boxes.

Someone could come there now and see a + and just think it's an icon that doesn't do anything

Just my two cents 🙂

Jeremy

Jeremy
    Participant

Andy,

Any possible way of adding a code to reveal content which will provide us an option to have it open or closed on page load? Would love to see that with accordion as it has a nicer look with the box.

Thank you

Jeremy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

No not easily (typically) – I'm still confused to why the accordions do that. There is another solution and that is to trigger a back to top when the page is loaded or is that not suitable? 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.