Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Creating 3D Gallery on Homepage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Brian Shields
    Participant

Hello Andy,

I just purchased your theme in the last week or so and have a couple of questions that should hopefully enable me to finish the current site I am working on. I have managed pretty good the last few days but have hit a little wall.

1) So I go to look at the Gallery Slide Set System videos which I believe would tell me how to set the 3D gallery working on my homepage? and it appears that the videos have been removed by the owner? I need step by step instruction on how to get this working on my homepage and how many images it can take and is their a certain size the photos need to be? Is there a size limit and will the pics get auto-resized? Is it possible to see an example of the shortcode for the 3D gallery?

2) I need to have a photo gallery page that will have X amounts of photos with a description of each one and then someone viewing the site would click on any image there which would lead them to a gallery for that specific pic they click on, I am sure this can be done but how? (ie they go to gallery page and their is a pic of a dog with whatever description, they click on the dog and it brings them to a dog gallery etc)

3) In my main menu I have a header entitled lets say "Links", How do I make it so that is someone clicks on "Links"  itself nothing happens (no page opens) until they actually click on something in the sub-menu?

4) In your showcase Gallery I seen on the Gurburgring site (which is very well done) that they have a forum set up, I know that is not part of your theme but would you know how that was accomplished and if it is very secure? I have emailed them already on it but in case they don't reply  was curious, I imagine vBulletin would probably be best for a Forum?

Sorry for the questions all at once but I figure this is easier than 3 or 4 different posts, and hopefully I won't need anything else after getting these few more things done on the site. I know also that I have told you this in my pre-purchase questions but again great theme you developed here and I am a happy camper and know that I won't have the horrible support provided by RT-13 (should have known 13 was unlucky…lol)

Cheers,

Brian

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

1) I forgot to change the support site – it should be in the documentation though. I've amended this page though http://help.themeva.com/dynamix-getting-started/gallery-slide-set-system/

2) This would be done with above, just add the URL's to the pages you want and they can contain the galleries. 

3) This is more of a WordPress question – but goto Appearance -> Menus -> Add Custom Link (e.g. http://#) -> once added, remove the URL completely. Then add your normal page menus underneath

4) Forums are built into DynamiX , you just have to enable them using the BuddyPress plugin – DynamiX is built to take the BuddyPress features and integrate into the theme. This support site and Nurburgring Drivers is 100% DynamiX + BuddyPress Plugin. 

Hope that helps

Brian Shields
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I am still not able to get the 3D Gallery to work on the homepage, I followed exactly as you did in the video and am able to get the Stage Gallery to appear and work just fine but when I try the 3D I don't see any of the images but I think the flash player is there because if I right click on the area where it should be I do get Adobe flash player choices showing, any ideas? Or does the 3D require any other steps I may have missed?

Also when I create my galleries as you mentioned in #2 above so I just create a new slide set for each gallery that I want? Some galleries may have 50-100 or more images in them will that be an issue? Is there a limit on gallery sizes at all?

Very cool that you have incorporated Forums into the theme, I will look into that a little further down the road, but is that all I need to do is download the buddypress plugin and then configure it? Is that supported by you or Buddypress for any issues/questions that may arise on it?

Well it is just after 6am here and I have yet to sleep, so now I think is a good time to catch 4-6 hours if I am lucky. I will check later in the day for any more ideas from you, thanks again for the help and enjoy your day.

Cheers,

Brian

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The only thing I can think of then is the image path is not right or there is a conflict. Can you give me a typical image path you're using. 

I'd say 100 images in a slideset is a bit tasking for the server, I'd recommend around 25 images really (more will work though happily) – with the version you can only select 1 slide set at a time, however, I'm just polishing off DynamiX 2.8.3 – this will allow you to select multiple gallery slidesets – meaning you can split your images into as many slidesets as you want and combine them.  

Brian Shields
    Participant

But if the image path works fine in the Stage Gallery shouldn't it work fine in any other gallery? I have also tried using the full path with the site address in front of what I am showing you here: /wp-content/uploads/2011/07/mike_devenny.jpg

OK, well I will stick with 25-50 maybe for now and see what happens there, maybe get a flickr account or something like that and just link to that page to view entire albums. It is for a drag racing site so we tend to get anywhere between 200-600 pics per day but I usually narrow it down to about half of that. Wealso get some video which we end up putting on our YouTube site and just link to them that way.

One other thing, is there a way in the theme itself to set the theme up so that it uses the same outer and inner skins on every single page including subs instead of having to choose it every time a new page is created. This is not a big deal if not but would be nice.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Shields
    Participant

Hey Andy,

Figured out the skins thing ok, but now I am stumped on this: I created a new Gallery Slide Set called Winner's Circle (it automatically added the ) and when I go to open it it closes on me immediately and will not stay on screen so I could add anything else to it. So I created another one called The Winner's Circle (again it added the ) and same problem, I can't open it to add anything else or even delete them. I already have 3 others created and have no problems with any of them. Any ideas/thoughts on this? Is there some way I can delete those sets even though they will not stay open long enough before closing on me?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hey Brian,

It maybe to do with the name, try not to use any special characters, best to keep them simple like "home_slider", "services_grid" etc. 

Brian Shields
    Participant

OK, thanks Andy, is there any other way to delete the ones already created in the coding anywhere? It's not a big deal really but I would like to get rid of the one's that are not being used. Also is there any kind of limit on how many sets can be created?

You also mentioned earlier that in DynamiX 2.8.3 that we would be able to select multiple slidesets, does this mean we could pull images from various sets all into one page/gallery, if so could it be into one gallery without it being a sortable gallery? I just want to understand this before I go creating galleries of 50-100 images into one if selecing multiple ones would be better/easier on my server?

My site is almost done except for adding some photo galleries and a little more content, then I just need to learn the google calendar plugin in and then maybe Buddypress which I know you don't support but told me this forum is run off of it, was just wondering if you have ever had any kind of security issues or anything with it as I would like to maybe teach that to myself instead of going with VBulletin for now.

Cheers,

Brian

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

In 2.8.3 you can add mutiple slidesets into 1 gallery, the order will be based on the order you add the slidesets and can be used in any gallery. 

No issues with security, it's pretty locked down – no one can register on here without purchasing the theme anyway (but that's some custom code i made). 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.