Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Creating a Grid Template with borders & shadows like the You Theme default blog.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Barnaby Aldrick
    Participant

Hi Tom – Loving the new You Theme! I got a reasonable distance with the ePix theme, but started over by upgrading to the You Template. My work in progress You Theme site is at in hiding at http://www.barnabyaldrick.com/WP-BAWP.

I love the look of the masonry grid type default blog template bundled with the theme, but wanted to customise it with headers and intro text, so I instead made a new page called ‘blog’ and have been putting ‘post masonry grids’ in a visual composer row with a tweaked Grid Template using the Grid Builder. I’ve managed to make roll over magnifiers and lightly grey out text boxes, but can’t seem to add the border and shadow to the grids, like the masonry grid blog in the You Theme.

You can compare my blog page with any search made from a search bar on my site, which brings up your default blog style masonry grid as a search results page.

Hope this makes some sense! I’ve been through and tweaked what feels like every option in the ‘appearance > customise > customise skins’ looking for borders and shadows, and have tried to border the boxes from within the grid builder and row elements, but to no avail! Hope you can help bud.

Let me know if you need my password to login.

Cheers in advance! B

Hi @barnabyaldrick

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can personally check on this further from our end?

Regards,

Barnaby Aldrick
    Barnaby Aldrick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Glad to know you were able to find the workaround. Great looking site by the way.

The only CSS you added that I see is related to the blog page is the image alignment. This CSS is not needed anymore since an existing CSS already centers the image.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.