Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Creating Banner above Content & Sidebar, below Header

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

I’m trying to add a banner (that will eventually have ads in it) to a site i’m working on. I need it to be above the boxed content (content area + 1 sidebar), but below the header.

When I edit the “Home” page with the Visual Editor and click on the “Add Gallery” tab, I can add a Revolution Slider that’s 960 x 100, but when I update the page, the header becomes about twice the height it was previously and the banner overlaps the bottom half of the (now too tall) header area.

I can add a margin above the slider, which moves the it down so it no longer overlaps the header, but if I do that the header remains taller than it should be.

I don’t necessarily need to use a Revolution Slider for the ads, but I tried the Staging option and the same thing happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
    Andrew

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

It sounds like you need to place it in the “Intro Text” field. Goto Page > Custom Tab > Intro Text and you can place text / shortcodes within there.

I hope that helps?

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

Thanks Andy! I added the shortcode for the Rev. Slider into the “Intro Text” field, but that’s putting it at the top of the bordered boxed layout area instead of in the space above the main boxed content and below the header.

Basically, I want the slider to be in its own space below the header but above the main content area, so page’s image background shows beneath the slider.

Is there additional code I need to put into the “Intro Text” field to make this happen?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrew

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

I think I may have misunderstood you, it sounds like you want the gallery placed where you usually place them via Page > Add Gallery > Revolution slider and add the ID in there of the rev slider? That will place between the content and header?

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

I figure pictures would make this easier.

If I put the adslider in the “Intro Text” field, I get this:
    Screenshot 1

If I add the adslider from “Add Gallery” on the Home page settings, I get this:
    Screenshot 2

I’ve got the content frame color enabled for the main body content. I think the “Add Gallery” option is the answer, I’m just not sure why it’s making the header twice the height and overlapping it.

Thanks again for the help,
    Andrew

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

I believe there maybe a height set on the Gallery itself? Maybe check the Rev Slider settings to see if there is a height set there? If you post a link, I maybe able to tell.

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Here’s a screenshot of my Revolution Settings, with the “Position” option expanded on the right side:

Screenshot 3

I tried reducing the padding of the Margin Top to 0, but that just puts the slider entirely inside the header:

Screenshot 4

And if I add more padding to the Margin Top, like say 200px in this example, it moves the slider down, but the header remains double the height it should be:

Screenshot 5

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

I’d really need a link to see what CSS is causing that to be pushed down.

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

Can I attach my style.css file here? What’s the easiest way to get it to you (assuming that’s the css file that would have the info that you need)? Thanks again for the continued support!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s not the CSS file, it’s the site I need to see. I’ll inspect the live site, as it may not even be in the style.css. Seeing the link is the only way I’m going to be able to investigate the issue properly.

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately the login didn’t give me access to the Revolution Slider. However, I can definitely confirm the spacing is coming from the Slider itself, it’s being generated from the Rev Slider plugin, so it has to be in the settings somewhere. I’d check Slide settings, Slider Setting for Margin settings.

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

It was in Revolution Slider > Slider Settings > Position > Margin Top and Margin Bottom. I’ve set them both to 0.

Andrew Fleischer
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, that just moves the adslider up over the lengthened header and removes the space between the slider and the content below.

I need the header to be the regular height, and the slider to fall between the header and the body content with a bit of space above and below it.

Here’s how the home page looks now:

Screenshot 6

Here’s how I need it to look (I created this image in Photoshop):

Homepage Needed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.