Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Creating Header Widgets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Rob Harris
    Participant

Do you have a way for me to add widgets to the header? I’m trying to embed clickable logos. Thank you for your time!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

There is a way to do this, however it requires a bit of work. You can add a Widgetized Sidebar shortcode to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Custom Header HTML / Shortcode. e.g. Change the Sidebar number to the sidebar with your widgets in.

[vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id="sidebar1"]

The rest would require some custom CSS and Styling to function correctly. If you would like me to do this for you, I could create a quote for you.

Rob Harris
    Participant

Yes, I would certainly be willing to pay you to do so! Thank you.

Take care,
    Kari

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

Rob Harris
    Participant

Ok. I’ll get the money sent to you asap. When I paypal you, is there anything else I need to add so that they know the money goes to you? Thanks so much in advance for your help. This has been a major hang-up of mine for some time now!
    Can the widgets be placed on either side of the logo? I have the menu items setup above the logo. I would like to use the widgets to place two click-able logos on the header. I have a logos plug-in that will hopefully do this. I might want them to be displayed on mobile even though they are vertical as long as it looks clean… Is there a way to have that as an option? Or would you mind telling me the code I’d need to use to add/delete that feature? Also, the “Retina” option to add a seperate image for the logo is supposed to be what appears in the sticky menu bar, right? I can’t get it to work. I need to make it so that just the logo appears (without the text below it that I have on the main header)

Thanks again for your help! 🙂

I’ll get the WP and FTP login info to you as soon as I send the money.

Take care,
    Kari

Rob Harris
    Participant

Sorry. But we’d just like to make sure the header widgets can be inline with the logo before we commit to it. Is that going to work? We definitely think that your price is fair and are willing to pay your hourly rate for the work. Thanks! Kari

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kari,

Maybe widgets aren’t the best of option for this. If I do widgets, I’d have to create to widget areas, one for the left and one for the right. The logos you want to place either side of the main logo, are they just two images, if so I can add some custom HTML to display this and not use widgets.

Rob Harris
    Participant

Yes. That’s all they are! I’m only trying to come up with a way to make them clickable. If you can just add some html to the header then that sounds like a much better option! I can send you the money now if you’d like, but I just want to make sure that you don’t need me to state something in paypal or anything to make sure that it goes to you. Also, the images I’d like to add are saved to my home computer, so I’ll send them to you later this afternoon, along with an image showing how we would like them to be laid out. Thanks again for your support! 🙂

Take care,
    Kari

Rob Harris
    Participant

Rob Harris
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kari,

That’s correct, if you send it to info@themeva.com via PayPal, I’ll receive that.

Can you confirm whether or not you require these images to be viewable on Mobile, the long image may be not readable?

Rob Harris
    Participant
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the money, I’ll be working on this asap. 🙂

Rob Harris
    Participant

Ok. Thank you so much for your help! 🙂

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Kari,

I’ve added that in now. It’s all stored within Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS + Mobile CSS and then the HTML is in Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Custom HTML Field.

Please do not remove these fields, otherwise the customization will be lost.

Custom CSS
    .custom-header-img {position:absolute;top:90px;}
    .custom-header-img.right {right:0;}
    .custom-header-img.bottom {bottom:0;top:auto;width:100%;text-align:center;}
    .custom-html {height:100%;}

Mobile CSS
    .custom-header-img {display:none;}

Custom HTML
    <div class="custom-header-img left">

</div>

<div class="custom-header-img right">

</div>

<div class="custom-header-img bottom">

</div>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.